• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Voltron Nevera | Mack Stryker Coaster

If it’s the same restraint, why is the height restriction different between rides?

I think parks sometimes implement height restrictions also based on intensity. There are plenty of examples of coasters with differing restrictions (eg Swarm at Thorpe Park is 1.4m versus Mandril at Chessington is 1.2m) so serves as a way to warn parents of suitability.

It's a little flawed imo as it alienates the vertically challenged but i imagine the parks favour that over incidents of children injuring themselves after being unable to withstand certain forces comfortably.

Could Mack create an inverting coaster with 1m height limit?

StormChaser at Paultons is a 1m Mack, it doesn't have an inversion but it's the same restraints i believe.

Ps sorry for double post, i messed up the quoting and don't know how to resolve it :mad:

StormChaser at Paultons is a 1m Mack, it doesn't have an inversion but it's the same restraints i believe.

Ps sorry for double post, i messed up the quoting and don't know how to resolve it :mad:
Storm chaser's restraints are different to those of the Extreme Spinners, SC's are floor mounted whereas ES and Voltron's are overhead, for a start.

Train 6 has been back for a few weeks now, but Voltron has not yet run on 7 trains. I think there might be a programming issue that is preventing this at present.

1,400pph on 6 is completely fine though!
It's not a programming issue afaik. They've been rotating one train out at a time to send to Mack's workshop to fit the stabilisers into the bogies. I think they're almost done with that, only train 5 still needs to be taken off to be fitted. Train 5 has always been the roughest train. Some other trains used to be a bit bad as well but those have all been fixed now. There's a chance we'll see 7 trains on track sometime this month, to get the ride crew used to 7 train ops before the summer.

Last edited:
It's not a programming issue afaik. They've been rotating one train out at a time to send to Mack's workshop to fit the stabilisers into the bogies. I think they're almost done with that, only train 5 still needs to be taken off to be fitted. Train 5 has always been the roughest train. Some other trains used to be a bit bad as well but those have all been fixed now. There's a chance we'll see 7 trains on track sometime this month, to get the ride crew used to 7 train ops before the summer.
Train 5 was off the entire time I was there a few weeks ago, and all other 6 trains were running, so not totally sure about that! Either way, I am sure both the differences between trains and being able to do 7 train ops will be sorted soon enough.

Train 5 was off the entire time I was there a few weeks ago, and all other 6 trains were running, so not totally sure about that! Either way, I am sure both the differences between trains and being able to do 7 train ops will be sorted soon enough.
I hope this means they'll be done with fitting stabilisers soon. Train 5 could be back in Herbolzheim (or maybe Waldkirch idk) right now. That would mean they might try 7 train ops quite soon as well.

Missed it by two days, mad how that section to me looked nowhere near ready.

Anyhow, on my second day at Europa got another 3 rides on Voltron, 2 back row and last ride on row 3.

Just a great coaster, might be recency bias but I think it's the best in Europe.

Also had an Ice cream burger in the Croatian area, what a great savoury/sweet treat that is. As it was technically my breakfast I was healthy and had an orange sorbet.

So having ridden Voltron now a few thoughts:

The theming is astoundingly good, the atmosphere in the ride area, the queue line (indoor and outdoor), the station and the bit between the station and the launch is very well done.

The ride itself is amazing, absolutely relentless pacing to the point where the mid-point turn table is almost welcome. The airtime is ejector and the positive g’s intense. If I have one criticism the turn table needs more to it and should be enclosed.

As for roughness none of my rides were rough, what I would say is the ride is intense and in an old-school way. It’s actually very rare these days to get intense coasters and I can see why people are sometimes struggling with it. It’s possible that we lucked out but every ride was fine.

Got on Voltron several times during my recent visit and a few thoughts:

- It's a fantastic addition to Europa-Park who now have a coaster to cater for the thrill market
- It's not very forceful, but still manages to be quite intense with the way it disorientates and throws you about, along with some great air and hang time
- The stall is the highlight of the ride
- Wouldn't say it was rough, but I might have missed the square wheels train
- Croatia area looks like it will be superb once finished, the portaloos took me by surprise though (a plant in front of the men's door to preserve modesty!)

Got 5 rides on Voltron on Friday.

Needless to say, as a full package it is absolutely world class. Just an incredible experience from the queue entrance to ride exit. Europa Park has always been the best in the world and now there's even more reason to keep going back.

As for the actual coaster, it's almost perfect. It's got the length, airtime, powerful launches and it whips through the inversions with pace. All of the trains have a bit of a rattle on the outside seats but it's tolerable and makes the ride even more bonkers. I do think rides can be *too* smooth sometimes.

Highlights for me are the double up, and the vertical launch. It looks a bit faffy but gives a really unique sensation where you're kind of kicked out of your seat into the hangtime.

Another thing that surprised me is how much the ride varies from front row to back on such a short train.

I had a couple of rides on the violent train though and this inconsistency makes it very tricky to rank, because those rides were awful. But despite ending the day with a headache after a particularly brutal ride, I can't stop thinking about how good the coaster is.

Went in semi-blind and spoiler free...

The bouncing track is really fun and caught me by surprise. The turntable doesn't look great though, hopefully they can add some more themeing or enclose it a bit more because the lighting is wasted when the sun is shining. Would have liked a bit more height on the spike too

1000037844.jpg

1000037837.jpg