• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[202X] Project Horizon (SW9?): Planning Approved

I’d wager, though, that old rides being left on a map is a far less important detail to planners than when the park expects ride construction to take place. To me, it seems unlikely that the 2023 construction start date was a mistake. This being wrong at the time of submission could possibly put the park in trouble.
Wager accepted. Who's emailing Bianca / Merlin and asking for confirmation? Thee or me?

As previously noted, it's not without precedent for Alton Towers to submit planning permission, or plans, with outdated information. A recent submission included The Log Flume and Black Hole on the general map.

Plans shift and change, it is likely that Horizon was going to be submitted for planning permission in 2020 or 2021, but COVID pushed plans back slightly. When Alton Towers eventually did get around to submitting the plans, it's likely that they missed this reference to the original planned construction start time.

I realise I'm trying to have my cake and eat it too, but I'm hungry. I'm also a goose. We like cake. 🪿
That could be the case, but it would seem unlikely in this case. The report was completed on the 29th September 2022 and the Planning Application was submitted on 7th October 2022.

Not to say that couldn't have been one wild week down at Alton Towers, but it seems like a stretch.

That could be the case, but it would seem unlikely in this case. The report was completed on the 29th September 2022 and the Planning Application was submitted on 7th October 2022.

Not to say that couldn't have been one wild week down at Alton Towers, but it seems like a stretch.
Wouldn't that mean that Alton Towers thought they were going to gain full planning permission, on a slightly tetchy site, in about 6 months? Start to finish, including consultations? Maybe it was a wild week at Alton Towers that week!

It’s could be that Towers weren’t expecting many complications, due to this being an enclosed building on empty land (as opposed to an outdoor ride).

Either way, we will never know or maybe we’ll find out in a few years. Whatever the answer, we know construction did not start last year.

Just go info, Towers need spades on the ground within 3 years of planning approval or it will expire and they will have to apply again. Id have concerns over the project if it's not at least started by the start of the 2025 season.

Was reading this Stoke Sentinel article about the new FV flat ride, and mentions Project Horizon with some interesting info...

Meanwhile, Alton Towers is continuing to work on plans for £12.5 million indoor top-secret indoor ride based behind the World of David Walliams due to open in 2025. Dubbed Project Horizon, few details have been released but it will be designed by Rocky Mountain Construction.

Rocky Mountain Construction coasters are famous the world over, with many American theme parks having at least one RMC designed ride. This includes Goliath at Six Flags America, a wooden coaster that set three world records when it opened, Hakugei at Nagashima Spa Land, the Iron Rattler at Six Flags Fiesta Texas and the Lightning Rod at Dollywood.

Don't even ask me where they got that info from. I don't think it's been confirmed yet?

Still about a month or so before we 100% know it's dead in the water for a 2025 opening

There's more chance of the Tories getting a landslide win at the election than this being opened next year mate. They haven't even started doing anything to the site yet.
It's going to be 2026 or beyond now for absolute certain.

The new flat ride will be the new addition for 2025. We might even get a second pop up in DF or X Sector too. Fingers crossed.

I would take that with a massive pinch of salt. Alton Towers aren't likely to have randomly revealed it to a newspaper, and it has not been confirmed anywhere else.
Of course, I'm taking it with a gallon of salt 😂
I don't believe it and won't until it's official, just thought I'd share it.

Sadly confirms the state of journalism in the UK at present. That Stoke Sentinel article features no source for their "fact" that it's an RMC. It's incredibly clear from the video that the RMC reference was a joke, yet they seem to have ran with it here. Goes to show why parks aren't keen on doing such things on the regular when it's taken as gospel in the mainstream press :rolleyes:

LiftHills and Thrills are extremely clickbaity with their video titles. I tend not to bother with them too much. He's made that video title fully in the knowledge that it'll get folk clicking to watch.

This is a non-story.
I find Sean one of the better vloggers if I’m honest. Quite easy to listen to. Getting people to view his videos is his job/business at the end of the day.

There are theme park vloggers who are far worse at clickbaiting who I can’t stand, but that’s not a discussion for here.

An RMC Raptor would definitely work though!

I imagine if something has happened we would know by now? I fail to believe with all these drones flying over Nemesis none of those people operating said drones have thought to have a little glance at the Project Horizon site.