• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[202X] Project Ocean: New Forbidden Valley Flat Ride

To be honest, despite the wants for Ripsaw they really do need to go for something at 1.2m. we've really lost far too much for that age group lately. Especially at that side of the park.
What's the height for a Huss Breakdance? I'm still hopeful they will get one for X Sector. Hopefully Ripsaw is just the start with flat rides

The application states the queue will be to the south and south east which indicates it won’t use the previous layout of ripsaws queue and rather enter from the side closer to air and take a route behind the site of ripsaws previous spot.

Bit early at this stage to confirm that it’ll be another top spin just based on an 18m height alone, but the style of talocan could fit nicely should the queue wrap at the back as that would allow guests from the path to watch and also allow guests in the queueline to experience that thrill before riding.

Exciting news, hopefully we get a few more flat ride applications soon.

One thing to note from that planning application:
The proposal is for the removal of the existing Funk n Fly ride and to replace it with an attraction that sits atop a concrete structure that has an approximate overall height of 18m. The structure will house plant and storage on either side of an access tunnel that will maintain guest access within the Forbidden Valley area. Theming features will be situated to either side of the structure with queue line wrapping to the South and South-East.
So don't just go looking for 18m rides, it could be much, much smaller

One thing to note from that planning application:

So don't just go looking for 18m rides, it could be much, much smaller
You beat me too it Craig, was just about to point that out!

The floorless version is 13.2 meteres, so would potentially fit.

At least this new management team seem to be listening and learning from recent mistakes.
Give the punters want they want. A wider variety of rides away from the coasters which obviously are still the main attractions.

Alton Manor, N-ST and now a possible new thrill flat all within a few years of each other is very good. Even better when you factor in the huge outlay on the Nemesis rebuild too.

If Project Horizon ends up being the offspring of the Black Hole I might very well explode. :)

There's been signs of magic coming back now for a a good 18 months but I think this would rubber stamp it. Forbidden Valley needs to be the stand out area of the park and I think they realise it.

Don’t think the application is early really. They last a while and -sometimes- can drag on (Alton have a history of not exactly getting their own way planning wise) so probably want it concrete (no pun ) as early as possible, incase any issues in planning arrise

I wonder if it'll have a mid year opening? So Nemesis gets it's attention, and then another attraction opening just next door to it later on in the year to tempt people back?

I really hope it's Ripsaw 2.0 the ride was fantastically themed for a flat ride and suited the area brilliantly. If it's a different kind of TopSpin then even better! ( something different, something nice, something unusual :p )