• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[202X] Project Ocean: New Forbidden Valley Flat Ride

Is it that dire at the moment? Genuinely no idea as haven’t been since opening.

It wouldn’t surprise me if they open it this year, they could have it open in the summer holidays in theory and it gives them capacity for the busy end of season.
Yes it’s been horrendous, particularly over the May half term. Multiple days of 2/3 rides shut all day and frequent downtime looking online/socials

The way I see it they have 2 options

1) Have it all ready for September to give it a good month of running before the very busy season where it will give much needed capacity

2) Have all groundwork completed and the site secured in time for Scarefest, in order to open up the pathway for increased foot traffic. Finish the ride ready for 2025

If Sub Terra continues to have problems and Hex doesn’t get sorted, I can see why they’d go for the first option, but either is pretty likely

Yes it’s been horrendous, particularly over the May half term. Multiple days of 2/3 rides shut all day and frequent downtime looking online/socials
...and skyride/hex.
Dark forest seems to have lengthy downtime on at least one of the rides every day, often at opening...and when Hex is gone, and no skyride fast exit, your options are very limited.

It makes more sense from a marketing stand point anyway. Nemesis has done all the heavy lifting this year, and it would still overshadow this new ride if opened mid season. Better to make next years marketing promo all about another new ride.

IMG_20240530_094600.jpg

Visited Tripsdrill last week and they have this as there new for 2024 attraction (Plohn are also building one for 2025) wouldn't it be nice if Alton were building something like this (maybe slightly more seats) so they'd have another ride for the whole family in Forbidden Valley.

I would agree that the aesthetics suit the old FV, but I think that it would look out of place in the 'new' FV.
Slap a black shipping crate on top instead of that wooden hut thing and paint everything black with a few of the red tentacles climbing up the support structure and you’re all set.

Merlin principles of design - if in doubt, theme it black with shipping crates

I would agree that the aesthetics suit the old FV, but I think that it would look out of place in the 'new' FV.
I dunno, with it painted black and with the tentacles and some more theming additions as Dave mentioned, it could look great! Can't imagine it ever coming to the park but it's fun to imagine!

John Burton has posted this to his Instagram story today regarding the opening of the new Gardaland ride.

Reference here to it being the ‘last 2024 project’. Could this mean a 2025 opening for project ocean?

IMG_6895.jpeg
It’s possible that John isn’t involved in Project Ocean.

It’s possible that John isn’t involved in Project Ocean.

I did think that at first, but then I thought back to the Reborn VIP event and it really sounded like JB was instrumental in Nemesis being relifed as they had initially decided not to do it and just replace it, but John really made the case for reimagining, retracking etc, along with the rest of Forbidden Valley, so I can't see that he'd not be involved in some way.

Even if they throw up the structure and don't install the ride hardware yet, I'm still happy, personally. Alas, opening it for scarefest would've been amazing.