• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[20XX] Euro Mir 2.0

Is Bobbahn rough...? It's boring, granted, but I've never heard anyone describe it as rough.

Don't know if those rides can actually be any smoother, anyway. The three I've been on feel exactly the same.

Had a horrid vibration when I went on it, me and Matty went on different trains and both had it. Avalanche is way smoother and so was Bob for an Intamin comparison

I wouldn’t have said Bobbahn was nearly as rough as Euro Mir, personally. It had a little bit of a rattle that I don’t remember Avalanche having, but I wouldn’t have called it overly rough; I actually thought that it was a perfectly fun little bobsled coaster!

Euro Mir, on the other hand, I didn’t like at all. It was very rough, and it bashed you around horribly in some of those corners. It was my least favourite coaster at Europa, personally (although I did not do Ba-a-a Express, for what it’s worth), and my parents also hated it; my dad got off instantly declaring it his least favourite coaster ever, and my mum said “Wow, that was nearly as bad as Colossus and Primeval Whirl!”.

I didn't find Mir rough. I must have done too many old Vekomas/L&T Systems/Dodgy creds

Very true. I think intensity and toughness is being conflated.

Whilst Mir isn’t super smooth, I think its main issue is its intensity, especially if you’re the 50% of people travelling backwards.

The first drop on Mir is pretty rough, the rest is fine. The final few curves are very high G but I wouldn't call that part of the ride in any way rough.

It doesn’t transition very well in the final curves, which mixed with the intensity makes it feel rough.

The final episode of the Voltron Construction Documentary has been published today. But at the very end of the video, Patrick and Lukas can be seen carrying a construction fence over to Euro Mir's entrance:

Is the closure of Euro Mir somewhat imminent?

Definitely teasing their next big project there. Hopefully it doesn't close until later in the season. Visiting next month and would love to get a ride in on it before it gets a revamp.

The rumour had been they were waiting for Voltron to open; so it next door could take the capacity in that section of the park and then Mir could close.

Seems to be still the plan then! Thank goodness; can’t happen sooner.

Definitely teasing their next big project there. Hopefully it doesn't close until later in the season. Visiting next month and would love to get a ride in on it before it gets a revamp.
Europa Park moves very quickly. If you're not visiting until next month, it'll probably be finished by then.

I have to say, I’d be very happy if Euro Mir did go under the knife for a CanCan-style refurbishment.

When me and my parents went to Europa in 2022, Euro Mir was universally declared the park’s weakest coaster among all three of us. Granted, I only did it once, but I remember it being very rough in places and just generally pretty uncomfortable. It wasn’t something that any of us fancied reriding.

I’d be interested to see whether they go nostalgic and keep the current layout mostly the same or take advantage of some of Mack’s newer spinning coaster advances and go for something like an XTREME Spinning Coaster incorporating some more extreme manoeuvres. Euro Mir’s size and 1.3m height restriction certainly positions it more towards an XTREME Spinning Coaster than a traditional family spinning coaster, even if its layout is a bit more like that of a family spinning coaster.

I’d also be interested to see what direction they go in with the theming. I felt that Euro Mir was one of Europa’s more dated-looking rides in terms of theming and aesthetic, with not an awful lot going on in terms of theming compared to some of the park’s other rides. I seem to remember the queue in particular feeling a bit bland.

I apologise if this is a slightly crass topic to discuss, but I do have to wonder whether Europa would even keep the ride and surrounding area Russia-themed given the current situation with the Ukraine invasion. I’m aware that Russia has a rich cultural history and should not be defined by Putin and the Ukraine war, but the optics of revamping a Russia-themed ride and a Russia-themed area with what’s currently going on in Ukraine may not be brilliant.

They already have a formula for the refurb with Eurosat, and I think than could effectively be adopted for Mir.

Build some more in-keeping buildings around the base, which tie in with rest of the area, soften the impact of the current stark structure, but retain the iconic towers above. You can then house the new queue in those buildings and get rid of the ugly cattle pen overflowing onto the path. Dare I say the space station needs to go. Retrack the thing to make it a little less intense and dream up a quirky new theme.

Hey Presto: EuroMir 2.0, powered by Lada.

It is clear that Euro Mir will see some kind of renovation in the next few years. But the last scene of the documentary may also hint to a renovation of the Historama which is seen in the background and is rumored to get a Game Theater retheming.

Euro-Mir may be uncomfortable, but I'd hate to lose the intensity and uniqueness of what is an iconic ride.

The theming literally inspired the 'abstract' RCT theme. Of course, the queue and indoor theming needs improvement so this should also be a core focus.

If this were to be a bulldoze job, i'd be disappointed. Out of respect, I doubt it would be.

Last edited:
I've long dreaded the day Mir finally succumbs to inevitable changes, though with the Franz connection I also think a Sat-style refurb is more likely than total removal. Unlike Sat though, Mir has always been one of my absolute favourite rides, with it sitting far higher in my rankings than it really has any right to (though at least it has finally fallen from my top 20 due to overwhelming pressure from genuinely world-class coasters)

I'll admit there are issues with the ride - the lack of proper queue line is increasingly jarring at EP (even though the mammoth capacity means waiting in it really isn't all that bad). Reliability is also becoming an issue with breakdowns and stoppages seemingly far more common of late, hardly surprising given the level of abuse it's taken over the years. That said, it remains a highlight of my EP trips - the view from front row as the lift doors open on a night ride is always a special moment and the tension of not knowing whether the bulk of the ride will be spent facing forwards (meh) or backwards (yay!) somehow adds to the charm. I've never agreed with the suggestion it's too rough, first drop aside. The finale meanwhile is simply sublime as it twists round and through the iconic towers before slamming into the brakes with incredible force. I'm yet to ride Voltron, but so far Mir has been unrivalled as my top steel coaster at EP ever since my first visit.