• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Air's Tunnel

This will never be closed as a thread.

It would be sacrilegious!!

Be like closing the Toilet topic!!

NEVER!!!!

can we leave it open, so in a couple of years we can come back and chat about the good old days when we rode air and laughed at the concrete themed tunnel. :D

Come on let's be honest, even if they re-themed the tunnel, we'd suddenly start lamenting that we want the original bland tunnel back! :tearsofjoy:

We just make things difficult for ourselves, don't we?

This thread needs to remain for when, in a few years time, Alton Towers remove VR from Galactica due to high operating costs and the tunnel is once again visible for all to see! :p

:)

The thread must stay open for nostalgia purposes....so when the park falls into its next state of disrepair and you have to pay to queue we can look back at the good old days of the tunnel and its excellent themeing

My worry is, when we do get Air back (which will happen) will we actually get Air?

I worry the ride will be left in its current guise but with turned off screens in the station or just the logo on it, the name Galactica, the space theme and the portal (even though it will have no relevance)...oh and still an unthemed concrete tunnel.

My worry is, when we do get Air back (which will happen) will we actually get Air?

I worry the ride will be left in its current guise but with turned off screens in the station or just the logo on it, the name Galactica, the space theme and the portal (even though it will have no relevance)...oh and still an unthemed concrete tunnel.
Nailed it.

This. Everything WILL break, and we will will have the world's first fully dedicated space flight through Staffordshire.

At least they put spinballs name back, even if it was forced on them.

Yeah I sadly cannot see 'Air' returning. It will be far cheaper to rip out the VR and leave the rest...

It's a shame nothing has happened to the tunnel still. I wonder if the TLC team can get something done one closed season? All it really needs is a lick of paint, some lighting, and perhaps some smoke effect. Wouldn't cost that much to do.

This. Everything WILL break, and we will will have the world's first fully dedicated space flight through Staffordshire.

At least they put spinballs name back, even if it was forced on them.

Yeah on the cheap - the 3D signage never returned.