• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Alton Towers Live - Saturday 6th July 2013

Voke

TS Member
Just found this on http://gettothefront.co.uk/

'Olly Murs, Rizzle Kicks, Labrinth, Little Mix, James Arthur, Conor Maynard, Stooshe, Union J play at Alton Towers Live on Sat 6th July 2013, tickets £55+ fees (inc park entry), onsale on Friday from Ticketmaster'

So I'm guessing this is the parks announcement for today? This is bound to sell out very quickly indeed. Quite a reasonable price to be honest. Especially as it includes park entry! :)

Re: Alton Towers Live - Sat 6th July 2013

Smashing! Although I don't really like any of those bands apart from Labrinth and at a push Rizzle Kicks, it's about time these returned to Towers again.

They're good for the park and tend to pull the crowds in and with a line up like this, that will 100% happen. It's an ideal line up for your average general public guest, I'd expect it to be mental busy this day! :)

I'm pretty much with you on that one. Wouldn't mind seeing Rizzlekicks! :)

Would hoping for an Annual Pass discount be a little ambitious?

Voke said:
I'm pretty much with you on that one. Wouldn't mind seeing Rizzlekicks! :)

Would hoping for an Annual Pass discount be a little ambitious?

I'm just trying to think, would this be in the grounds or in the car parks? Where did the hold the P!NK concert?

As if it was in the grounds, like some concerts they've done in the past, would it not be free to say Premium MAP holders?

I believe the last Alton Towers Live was held on the green infront of the Towers, but I'm unsure whether it was free/discounted for Annual Pass holders. Hopefully someone could shed some light on the matter soon.

Annual pass holders got a discount, so you essentially only paid for the concert fee. The concert is held on the lawns.

Posted by Capital FM Arena's Facebook:

312452_507466335962127_240513212_n.jpg

The Smiler anyone?

Aye, looks like they're using some photo-shopped, massively edited version of The Smiler at the top and bottom there.

It's a decent little promo poster though, I really like it. I don't know why as I don't even remotely like over half the acts, but this has got me excited ;D

Brilliant news! Alton Towers Live was a brilliant even in 2011. It worked really well and was enjoyable for everyone that went. It seems like they have expanded it, having more artists. I really hope it sells well, I think it will!

:)

Here's a poster that TST posted on Facebook:

29017_450232511713865_1059906603_n.jpg

If you look closely at this one, you can see the Swarm is photoshopped in it...no comment =P

The subtle Smiler track would be far more noticeable if they didn't put the bloody Swarm in the top of the image :p

Big thanks to Voke for originally spotting this by the way, as it helped us to provide a news article and update out Facebook this morning :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

I prefer The poster with the Smiler all over it. I'd rather that be used. While the other one looks more appealing, having The Swarm plastered on it I find rather annoying.

While I'm not bothered with the acts. They've done the right job going with mainstream artists, it should hopefully be as popular as the first Alton Towers Live event. I hope there's some good secondary artists added to this mind, usually you get an act or two perform before the main event, and I've always found them to usually be sometimes better than the main acts.

Although three acts from X Factor, really? :p Little Mix are good, James Arthur I'm not fussed on (but the ladies seem to like him) and Union J!? I had to Google them and they are hardly one of the 'known' acts from X Factor, I'd be surprised if anyone knows who they are to be honest.

Stooshe and Labrinth are good catches though. :)

James said:
I prefer The poster with the Smiler all over it. I'd rather that be used. While the other one looks more appealing, having The Swarm plastered on it I find rather annoying.

While I'm not bothered with the acts. They've done the right job going with mainstream artists, it should hopefully be as popular as the first Alton Towers Live event. I hope there's some good secondary artists added to this mind, usually you get an act or two perform before the main event, and I've always found them to usually be sometimes better than the main acts.

Although three acts from X Factor, really? :p Little Mix are good, James Arthur I'm not fussed on (but the ladies seem to like him) and Union J!? I had to Google them and they are hardly one of the 'known' acts from X Factor, I'd be surprised if anyone knows who they are to be honest.

Stooshe and Labrinth are good catches though. :)

Olly Murs is from the X Factor as well, so that's 4 ;)

I'm disappointed with the lack of excitement towards Rizzlekick's. ;)

Only group on the lineup that I'd happily watch to be honest.

LiamC said:
Hopefully this might mean at late ride close of 9PM like the they did a few years back for the Gaydar event I think it was? :)

It will depend what time the concert starts.

If it starts at 7pm then rides will close around 5:30-6pm to allow guests to get to the main arena.

As much as a late ride close would be nice, I doubt they will be doing that as most likely rides will close an hour before the concert starts. :)