• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Alton Towers Live - Saturday 6th July 2013

The event now has an official page! http://www.altontowers.com/alton-towers-live/

'Tickets include entrance to the theme park and the concert
The Theme Park is open from 10.00am
The concert arena is open at 2.00pm
The concert is scheduled to end at 10.15pm
'

Surely this must mean the rides close pretty early if the concert area is open at 2? 2.30/3pm maybe?

I was going to say, with the amount of acts on this will start a lot sooner than 6/7pm. If the arena opens at 2pm, then I'd say the first act would come on around 3.30/4pm.

I'd like to think that they would keep the park open for a normal ride close or possibly extend it up to before the last two acts are due to perform. This would therefore mean people could wander round the park and do the rides and attractions in between bands they may not want to see. :)

I can't remember exactly what happened with the rides closing last time around. They closed later than the start of the concert though, as the concert areana was fairly quiet at first and filled up after the first couple of acts. I'd say rides may close at 5pm ish at a guess.

EDIT:

I've just seen that Towers have said in a Facebook comment that the theme park will be open as normal this day, so you can still visit the park without going to the concert. So it will be a 5pm ride close at the earliest I imagine, maybe 6pm as it will no doubt be busy.

:)

I'm glad to see that this will be coming back. The acts that have been announced will probably satisfy most people, whether or not they're enthusiasts. I probably wouldn't buy a ticket myself, but I'm sure several people I do know would.

Biggest question, is there an option to buy just concert tickets like before and then just use your annual pass to get onto the park?

I'm really excited! Little mix and James Arthur are amazballs, as are rizzle kicks (But I'd hate to imagine my mum dancing along doing the hump!) Stooshe are good, and union j are fit, but I'm not to fussed about the rest of them.
At £55 a ticket, its not that bad. But I was wondering if you could buy the concet tickets in advance for £15, and use bogoff on the day, for tickets to save money...
Still, I'll be asking for tickets for my birthday!

I seem to remember that the 80s concert day , the rides stayed open until the end of the concert. I'm sure I remember people heading off for last rides while the last act (Bananarama) were playing?

Would we see similar ride opening here? Still dissappointed they couldn't quite bag 1D for the event though :(

No doubt will drag the punters in. Shame they couldn't quite catch Rammstein :p

I think if One Direction were to play they would get their own concert (with one or two support acts), rather than be on the bill with five or six other acts.

djtruefitt said:
I think if One Direction were to play they would get their own concert (with one or two support acts), rather than be on the bill with five or six other acts.
Very true one direction would sell out on there own, even two nights. But the line up looks really good would be interested in going :)

Im just greatful that they are doing another event, after all they diddnt have to! As for the line up they clearly have done some research into whats popular and whats going to grab peoples attention. We need to remember that this isnt just to please enthusiasts but guests in general. Clearly the park is going to be busy again this day, if it is successful we may have another annual event on our hands! Good luck Towers! :)

*sigh*... How dreadful. I'm guessing the majority of the audience will be hormone raged teenage girls.

This is one I won't be going to.

Obviously what they did was check who was trending on Twitter at some random time and booked them.

I bet it's a disaster like the BEP gig. Just wait and see.

Stevie said:
*sigh*... How dreadful. I'm guessing the majority of the audience will be hormone raged teenage girls.

You make a park infested with hormone crazed teenage girls sound like a bad thing! ;)
But on a serious note, I'm glad I'm not the only miserable git who looked at this and went 'Dear God, NO...!' Not only does the line-up sound like something out of one of my worst nightmares, but the park's obviously going to be packed to the rafters; I've already made a note of the date to make sure I don't accidentally turn up that weekend :p

However, personal killjoy opinions aside, I can't deny this is an excellent bit of marketing and they'll do extremely well out of it if they can pull it off. AND it'll piss off the Ropers, which makes it all better :p

The line up is pants, but then again its not people like me this is marketed for, and there's plenty of teenagers who will love the acts that will be there, so I still think this will be just as successful as the previous one.

Although I like Rizzle Kicks, so there's at least one good act there :)

WillG said:
Stevie said:

You make a park infested with hormone crazed teenage girls sound like a bad thing! ;)
You're 10 years older than 90% of those teenage girls. That's a very disturbing thing to say.