• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Alton Towers/Merlin Typos & Grammatical Errors

9eb95aed97dcef4519cfaf7c3168e5b7.jpg

Oh, Merlin…

Semantics and pedantics calling.
Apostrophes are often now seen as optional.
A number of style guides suggest avoiding them completely if you are not confident in using them, so the lack of a single apostrophe in a poster is completely acceptable in many literary circles, sorry.
Also, as my good lady points out, if the poster is referring to more than one town, then it is technically correct.

Semantics and pedantics calling.
Apostrophes are often now seen as optional.
A number of style guides suggest avoiding them completely if you are not confident in using them, so the lack of a single apostrophe in a poster is completely acceptable in many literary circles, sorry.
Also, as my good lady points out, if the poster is referring to more than one town, then it is technically correct.
Na, not having that. Should defo be 'Town's' in the example used. Please excuse my somewhat purposely used lazy lingo in general in this response. I'm all for language evolving over long periods of time but you can't just get rid of the sensible usage of punctuation in a relatively short period of time (in my opinion).

Tis month end family meet up Saturday, I can barely stand, let alone do grammer and spellin, sorry.
I didn't read the poster proper...blame the wife.
There are loads of examples of them being dropped, in textspeak...whatever that is, companies dropping them in names, and lots of place names have had them dropped from signage for years now.

Photos not photo's. Found on Expedition Theme Park's The Swarm video.

Screenshot 2022-12-10 21.58.32.png