• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Alton Towers NYE?

JAMESALTON

TS Member
I’m sure that Alton Towers knows this but I’m sure they're missing a trick not having a NYE event with fireworks how amazing would that be the powers that be please make it happen NYE 2023 as I’m sure it’s too late to make it happen for 2022! But I really feel this needs to happen no rides but fireworks for NYE would be AMAZING!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Tom
The locals will never let it happen even if it’s a 15 min display at midnight with the noice and the lighting. Also would u wanna pay to stand and be freezing when you can watch the London fireworks for free In the warmth at home.

Boring locals. I’m sure a lot of people would go alton towers fireworks are the best ever and at NYE even better! And better than LONDON!

I can’t see NYE fireworks at Alton Towers being a thing. As said above there’s probably be issues with the locals regarding noise. Towers can get away it in some respects during this time as the finale of their regular season but I don’t think they’d want to push it and introduce a separate standalone firework event as the end of December.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m sure some people will enjoy a NYE day out, as it is open on the 31st for the Christmas event

3 fireworks shows max are permitted per year.

I stand to be corrected, but I think it might actually be five.

Either way, they seem to get good attendance at their current NYE events, so it doesn’t make a great deal of sense for them to put on fireworks, as they don’t need to attract more people.

Did Lightopia on NYE last year. Didn't think fireworks were needed personally. That valley really chills down after dark in winter, standing around in the cold waiting for midnight in December isn't very appealing.

I guess the hotels could do some sort of event but tbh the festive events are very much geared towards young families and not NYE partygoers.

Complying with local agreements WOULD be an issue, imagine 17,000 people all trying to leave the park at 1am following a firework show. Hugely problematic

They used to do several NYE dinner and dancing events in the conference centre and other hotel venues, one was more family friendly and another was black-tie style. Not sure how popular they were as not my sort of thing, although I think reviews were poor for all the usual reasons (long bar queues, not enough entertainment, poor quality breakfast as brunch).
They could do that and add some kind of small fireworks countdown in the hotel grounds, but harder to do so now with CBeebies hotel in the way. I can't see them doing a midnight event in the theme park, too cold and I can't see enough people wanting to be in the park that late in that weather.

Last edited:
Interestingly Legoland Windsor are doing an NYE event including fireworks at 21:30. Definitely not worth £789 though...
1667859725165.png
I guess Alton Towers does this anyway less the fireworks.
Also fireworks at 9.30? I get that it's aimed at families but the whole point of NYE is to mark the coming of the new year at the stroke of midnight (clue's in the name!!). Totally pointless imo

Also fireworks at 9.30? I get that it's aimed at families but the whole point of NYE is to mark the coming of the new year at the stroke of midnight (clue's in the name!!). Totally pointless imo

It’s a challenge for little kids to stay up late until midnight, even some not so little kids struggle to stay awake for midnight or get overtired. If they bring it forward by a few hours then I think that’s actually a pretty smart move for families who the event is aimed at. Everyone gets to experience the nice fireworks so no big deal at all it’s a few hours before midnight, it’s the same idea really how some fireworks events are held on different days over the weekend rather than rigidly on the day of November 5th, it’s all about making it more accessible for people to enjoy an event.

So why not both?

Costs I’d assume. Also it depends of course on if there’s the demand for a midnight firework event in addition to an 9:30pm one. Maybe there is, maybe there isn’t but I’d think that Legoland know that they are primarily catering to a market of young families.

They will be surrounded by fireworks going off in the area anyway, and they don't let them off anywhere near the hotel, do they?