• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Alton Towers Social Media

An interesting set of posts sharing "top tips" for a day on park features this gem...

375749461_749972597172408_391306457632133001_n.jpg

Interesting because, they're almost endorsing groups to go down single rider with the expectation of being grouped together - who wants to tell them thats not how it works?
People have been sharing their own tips. "Take your own food" seems to be a common theme

I’ve not really noticed any vast improvement since I last posted in this thread. I think what they are trying to do isn’t a bad idea, engagement and dictating algorithms mean a lot nowadays but they just aren’t really going about it the right way. Feels very disjointed between some of the usual serious promotional content and the very lacklustre attempts at comedy and memes, they could be knitted together so much better.

I mean, that is a pretty awful selection of video shots and music to show off Oktoberfest, doesn't do the event justice at all!

Having taken a second look, yeah it's better than some of the stuff they did over summer but I agree it's still a bit strange. They could have shown people enjoying themselves at Oktoberfest (preferably with a Prost!) over some German music.

Having taken a second look, yeah it's better than some of the stuff they did over summer but I agree it's still a bit strange. They could have shown people enjoying themselves at Oktoberfest (preferably with a Prost!) over some German music.
I do wonder if it was shot during the week, in which case there might not have been that many people to film.

I don't know if it has improved at all this year, but last year I went on a Tuesday and Oktoberfest was pretty flat. You would have honestly been forgiving for thinking there wasn't an event on at all.

4th attempt. Not a bad effort I thought!

1695805017383.png

I've been pretty scathing about the new social media approach but this sort of stuff is fine - simple and interactive, which gets a lot of people engaging.