• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Alton Towers Social Media

Given that these predictions were correct, and it has indeed been deleted... I'm now intrigued by what it said!

b76e11085f5ceb3148c8e4301cfdb5a4.jpg

It was just asking for them to be savaged wasn’t it.

Another backfire unfortunately:

From: https://www.facebook.com/100064790227894/posts/pfbid02gmHdQtCCRL8RWWmSHH9z7zs3ogHSh3mvRQSCyR1znpF85cv8H19d8BFuoQaoJpYVl/

Commenters are pointing out that the step count is due to the Skyride being down.

I mean to be fair they're not wrong, even if the skyride is down the step count when you go to Towers is huge, there's just simply so much space to walk around. I don't think this post is as bad as some of the others, though I do get some commenters points.

Last edited:
If the skyride is down, your step rate can easily double.
When there is no other realistic mobility option apart from walk, it is rather a poor do and worthy of comment.

If the skyride is down, your step rate can easily double.
When there is no other realistic mobility option apart from walk, it is rather a poor do and worthy of comment.
When I was working there I did submit the idea of using these for people with limited mobility
1693511505433.png

When I was working there I did submit the idea of using these for people with limited mobility
1693511505433.png
Hardly practical in a pedestrian park with limited width paths...they just need to get the skyride going for equal access.
They have the equipment, I'm confident the parts are out there, there just seems to be no desire to restore the actual service.
Still not done the Towers this year because of this single failure to provide reasonable access to the park for those with limited mobility.
Very poor service, very poor response to my own personal enquiries.
Somebody will get back to me about my enquiry...but as it was some months ago, I'm not holding my breath.

An interesting set of posts sharing "top tips" for a day on park features this gem...

375749461_749972597172408_391306457632133001_n.jpg

Interesting because, they're almost endorsing groups to go down single rider with the expectation of being grouped together - who wants to tell them thats not how it works?
whoever posted that has scored a massive own goal, because now everyone will be going down the single rider line defeating the point, rendering their tactic pointless