• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Alton Towers Twitter All Night

GaryH

TS Member
@Altontowers is going 24 hours tonight and will be answering questions all thorough the night.... Let's see who can get the latest reply!

Well I suppose it depends on what you class as late, and what you class as early.

I wonder what the most weirdest question they will be asked over night?

Well so far I've won the 'How Many People Are On The Team' award! There's 5 of 'em!

I asked if they have staff on the theme park overnight
we do have members of staff on site 24 hours a day!

Then asked what the night staff do.

A whole host of things! Maintaining Resort security, maintenance, stocking shops and restaurants, carry on being awesome!

I am wondering if they know what a hoopy frood is?

Last edited:
Alton Towers are actually giving me a prize for guessing the answer, and say I can collect it from the box office next time I go! They won't tell me what the prize is though!

I asked about the world cup, and got told sadly no plans to have any big screens, but you can use tablet or mobile devices while enjoying the rides :)

Ian

It's a shame they didn't do all nighters when installing the drainage etc on The Smiler. Might have got it working/open on time.

Anyone brave/stupid enough to say that to them lol?

It's a shame they didn't do all nighters when installing the drainage etc on The Smiler. Might have got it working/open on time.

Anyone brave/stupid enough to say that to them lol?

You'd be very stupid to accuse them of not doing all nighters for The Smiler construction ;)

Back on topic though, I'm not quite sure what the exact purpose of the "all nighter" thing is at the moment. I could perhaps understand it if they had an event coming up or something. I guess they're just testing the waters to see if 24 hour operation is worth it, but then again away from the novelty of it I can't see it being something that's all that necessary for most companies yet alone a theme park.

They should probably extend time online from say 7:00AM, 'til 9-10:00PM. 9-6 is not long enough and an all nighter is just pointless IMO.

Seems like they had good fun last night. I had a good giggle when pink wafers and bourbons were being discussed on Facebook! :p

They should probably extend time online from say 7:00AM, 'til 9-10:00PM. 9-6 is not long enough and an all nighter is just pointless IMO.
They do. Just because the advertised hours is 9-6 does not mean that's literally what they worked - they were responding until 9pm over Half Term.

I imagine they're doing it to test waters to see most active timeframe of people responding, to surprise those who tweet in middle of night (they gave away some prizes it seems at 3am!) and generally to make a point that they're available. I don't understand any negativity against it, considering last year everyone moaned that they didn't do any social media.

Well.. I ended up getting Legoland Windsor Involved:

I said:
@altontowers What's your favorite theme park? (Apart from Alton Towers, of course..)

Alton Towers said:
@Dutty360 We would have to say @LEGOLANDWindsor because we get chance to enjoy rides, see the fish from a submarine and play with Lego!

Legoland said:
@altontowers @Dutty360 thanks, guys! You're welcome to come and play with LEGO & go on underwater adventures anytime!

Alton Towers said:
@LEGOLANDWindsor @Dutty360 We'll be sure to visit again real soon! :-D

Alton Towers are actually giving me a prize for guessing the answer, and say I can collect it from the box office next time I go! They won't tell me what the prize is though!

Its will be a two for one entry voucher :p