• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

American Adventure Park

And Knightmare has rotted and been vandalised for the last five years.
Not even worth scrapping at current prices apparently.
Knightmare is gone.

No chance. The structure is not designed fo easy dis/assembly like OL's is. Knightmare's support structure was originally designed to hold up a fake mountain!

I was more comparing the portable-ness to the work they done on the Runaway Train.

Even if they could keep the track, it would need a whole new support system. Plus the first drop and turn extending way outside the rectangular footprint would make it very hard to fit in to a fair, where you pay for your plot by the square foot. It would need an entire new drop profile that stays withing the footprint, and at that point it'd be cheaper to just buy a new ride.

The only hope for Knightmare was Lightwater, but even that's long gone now. :cry:

Norman Wallis was interested in bringing it to Pleasureland. A friend who was involved with the project (operated some of his rides there) told me that one of the main sticking points was the length of lease with the council. They'd need more security to make that kind of capital investment. I haven't been to Pleasureland for a few years but they seem to have made reasonable progress.
http://www.southportvisiter.co.uk/n.../southport-pleasureland-could-uks-top-8926372

Last edited:
The only hope for Knightmare was Lightwater, but even that's long gone now. :cry:
That was never a realistic scenario, not for Lightwater anyway. Unless you were doing it purely from a heritage point of view, you'd have to get Knightmare for a £1 to make it a worthwhile proposition - the cost of deconstructing, refurbishing and rebuilding that thing would be immense. You'd be much better picking something out of the Zamperla/Vekoma catalogue. As @rob666 said, it's a rusted mess now.

Why they bought it in the first place is beyond me - I sort of understand the desire to hark back to ToT, but it wasn't a smart move.

Maybe not realistic, but at the time Camelot closed there was a lot of talk of the possibility.

Why they bought it in the first place is beyond me - I sort of understand the desire to hark back to ToT, but it wasn't a smart move.
It was on loan from the owners (Interpark I think), for a very small amount on a short-term lease.

The idea was that it would operate as a demonstrator while the owner sold it.

the park closed 10 years ago this year (it closed in 2007) :(. i went only once, when i was young, so don't remember much of it :(.

What is the point of that? The local authority do not have the money to build and run a theme park, and I doubt there are any interested investors who wish to do the same.

I'm afraid it has gone, long gone.

:)

Oh I agree. No point in it at all. Thought people may find it interesting though. I never visited so do not have an opinion whether it was a good or bad place.

The land was subject to above ground clearance ages ago so no infrastructure exists to use. I doubt any company would be interested. In fact I think they may have already begun building houses now.

wow is this still going on :confused: he must really really love AA
Which makes the whole thing even more bizarre. Put your efforts into convincing someone with money that there is space in the market for something that didn't already fail.

Yea. Thinking back it was a dos hole. The only good thing for me is it was a 20min bus ride away. So bunking off school and escaping there was so easy. :D

Not a chance of any petition being successful, they've got planning permission to build homes on the site, it's the equivalent of starting a petition against Merlin to reopen Ripsaw.

Over fifteen years ago now, their was a supposed son of a millionaire within the theme park community, who convinced a surprising number of people that his Dad was going to reopen the park. He called his development agency, 'Warrior Pig'. At thirteen years old, I 'redesigned the entrance concept' for him. Still waiting to see my work completed!