• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

American Adventure Park

Mr Salmon is not giving up. He has started a Crowdfunding page, aiming to raise £1 million to get American Advnture open again. Mr Salmon is so keen for it to happen that he has put a huge £10 in himself; a further £2 has since been donated.

So £12 raised in just one week. It's time to get excited about another theme park in the UK!

:)

CPRjbtVW8AALnT-.jpg

It gets to a point where you have to let a passion project die... I said something similar that relates to this topic in the "BENCH!" discussion

I think what is putting people off currently is the fact that Alton hasn't been approached and it is essentially an idea at the moment. It's basically like pledging for a crowdfunding campaign where they say "We've got this idea, It might happen, we haven't actually got approval yet..."

Like so many questions from this...

Who gets the money at the end of all this? What if the idea is rejected, would people get the money back?

A full million? Wowzers, that'll get him about a quarter share in a modern traveling flat ride. Maybe a whole one if he's willing to buy second hand.

Is this guy somewhere "on the spectrum"?

I don't know which is worse, the idea the park could be rebuilt for £1m or that he himself (most likely person in the world to donate to this) has only contributed £10.

So he's expecting at least another 100,000 people to donate and then the theme park is in the bag.

I feel embarassed for him. He's got his good memories, so best to leave the park in the past.

Last edited:
So many memories... I still consider it criminal that those rapids were filled in.

One line did tickle me:
The American Adventure Theme Park is part of a 345 acre park on the edge of the beautiful Derbyshire Peak District.

True. But my god you come out of the beauty of the Peaks with a bump when you arrive in Heanor or Ilkeston... :tearsofjoy:

Interesting to see High Sierra originally had theming to give it a cartwheel look... a shame that was ditched so early on, I always thought the wheel structure itself looked incongruous.

It’s interesting to see how much stuff was fitted in to the right of the original entrance. I can only ever remember seeing that area occupied by the grandstand for the old Indy Kart track.

I also never realised that the other small island behind what would eventually become Nightmare Niagara’s final drop actually served a purpose at some point (albeit seemingly to house some theming!)! Again, I only ever remember seeing it covered in trees.

It’s a bit of an odd map really as it seems to give the impression that the lake was a fraction of the size it really is. I guess it’s due to the lack of the bottom right area that eventually became Spaceport USA and house Missile. The mountains and Cherokee Falls also seem really far down, virtually where you’d say the rapids sat eventually.

I guess that the plan was always to go the full way round (or almost full way round) the lake.

The design of this map just made the park look more complete while the Rapids and Spaceport were still under construction.

Anyone who remembers the 2005 park map (when these areas were closed off) will remember how bare that section of the map looked.

Even more apparent when you actually visited the park and saw those rides SBNO.