• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

And so the countdown begins.....

This whole 'end of the world' thing has really been annoying. Seen so many statuses on Facebook today - most making the same joke, some complaining how racist everyone is, one even putting a 'trigger warning' for apocalypse before moaning about how racist everyone is (and anyone so 'precious' that they have a panic attack over a fictional event needs to just lighten up).

It's been an annoying and uneventful day.

NastyPasty said:
Did the Mayans have leap years? That might screw things around a bit if not...

No they didn't. Funny no one's mentioned that though. If they had included leap years then the apocalypse would have been over 4 years ago.

GaryH said:
Racist? Really? Wow, cant say I have seen any of these - thats awful.

I have quite a lot of queer friends on Facebook - lovely people, but they go out of their way to be offended by abselutely everything in the world. These are people who get physically angry at hearing One Direction - not because they are terrible, but because they hate all women (apparently). They get offended at the word 'chav', despite none of them fitting the term. And don't you dare call something 'stupid' near them - that's ableism, and is comparable to calling someone a 'retard' or a 'spaz'.

Also, anyone whose done anything wrong is automatically labelled both misogynistic and ableist, without bothering to bring out any evidence to support that allegation.

For some people in the world I do wish it was Game Over for them, the world would be a much nicer place without them

So, erm...

when's the next 'end of the world' going to take place...?

:p

In response to the media induced paraniod predictions:

Worst-Apocalypse-Ever.jpg

Quite disappointed actually... :p

Thing is, the Mayans never predicted the end of the world! It's merely the end of the 13th Baktun!

:)

Rob said:
Thing is, the Mayans never predicted the end of the world! It's merely the end of the 13th Baktun!

:)

Very good point actually, I've edited my post so it is correct now then :)

Let's all remember that the Mayans believed invaders with muskets had magic wands.

And so it looks like the countdown draws ever closer now. The USA is hell bent on starting a war in the region. France will get involved too. Russia in response has sent more ships to the region and is arming Syria to the teeth with modern weapon systems.

Next week I think we will see the start of what will become the next world war. Russia has made it clear it wont stand by this time and watch. Iran has said it will attack Isreal in response. Once it kicks off, the UK will have to be involved as its part of NATO.

Once again idiot leaders hell bent on power threatening world peace. And Obama has the noble peace prize. The irony of it.

I wanted to punch my TV in when I heard Obama's recent speech on the interference with Syria.

"If you're all so worried about innocent people being slaughtered, what are you going to do about it?"

Somebody take this guy out of office right now please! (Although, his string pullers will just put another mask on the face and do the same thing all over again)

This is my anthem for right now:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmuwkaQx488#

Stevie said:
I wanted to punch my TV in when I heard Obama's recent speech on the interference with Syria.

"If you're all so worried about innocent people being slaughtered, what are you going to do about it?"

Somebody take this guy out of office right now please! (Although, his string pullers will just put another mask on the face and do the same thing all over again)

This is my anthem for right now:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmuwkaQx488#

Eh, your lucky you live in the countryside, and If war does break out the first bomb will no doubt hit Lincoln which is surrounded by airforce bases and secret planes. It also happens to be where I live :'(

Joseph said:
your lucky you live in the countryside, and If war does break out the first bomb will no doubt hit Lincoln which is surrounded by airforce bases and secret planes. It also happens to be where I live :'(

Then bombs will fall on the communication control centres. e.g BT network control, radio transmitter station for our sub, etc.

I am glad i am a member of RAYNET

A couple of maps showing likely nuke targets in the UK.

The first is made using everyone's favorite Nukemap, and is detailed in this blog post

NUKEMAP-UK-targets-1967.jpg

The second map I found comes from this rather interesting site. I may be about to get distracted for hours by reading it...

attachment.php