• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Anything Radioactive Topic

Yeah, but.... I now own a genuine piece of the WORLD'S FIRST radioactive fallout.... (Theory is that rather than the fireball melting what was beneath it, the sand was sucked up IN TO the fireball.... making it count as "fall out".)

.... wait....

????

Found another Youtube series about converted / abandoned missile silos. This one very different to the last.

First, that was a Titan II silo, which only had a single ICBM and a handful of crew. This is an older Titan I complex, with three silos, two massive 100 ft underground domes, and miles of tunnels to support a whole frickin' army.

Second, the story is told by a natural presenter. (Not looked through the rest of her channel yet, but she's obviously a dedicated film maker with talent). Her dad bought the place when she was a child. What was it like growing up in one of the coolest playgrounds ever built? Her energy is incredible, she runs, leaps, climbs and even skips over deadly obstacles that could easily result in a long fall to certain death from a steel girder sticking through her face! Just watching her makes me feel out of breath. I think she must be part monkey.
... Also, she's pretty hot. ;)

Part 1 of 4:

Link to the full playlist

Sounds like Lil' Kim has set off his biggest kaboom yet. Yield could be up to 150KT. He's claiming it's a thermonuclear device and missile ready.

More worryingly, it would appear the tunnel used for the test didn't actually contain the blast.

... Geiger readings are peaking around 6cpm in my gaff at the moment...

I think last year he said it was around 2 to 4 cpm.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Background levels fluctuate, so it's not really anything to worry about. I've seen random spikes of up to 10cpm before. Right now it's around 4cpm.

Them random spikes could be the military dusting off our nuclear weapons.

Not sure if os the right thread. Last week, Leeds had a bit of a storm, you know the ones where a ears worth of rain falls in 20mins. We had air raid sirens going off. Which alarmed a few people. Although its a flood alarm. Without uncle Kim is doing at the mo. It put the wind up a few people. I got when the wind blows out! Dare not watch threads!

Haha! We got really freaked out a few years ago while waiting to board le Shuttle and a flood siren went off. "Just a test", aparently.

There is no longer any system for sounding "air raid" sirens in the UK, it was dismantled in the early 90's. I can remember seeing our local klaxton on top of a pole on the roof of the post office.
These days it's highly unlikely they would warn us at all. What good would it do?

(I'm pretty sure there's some further debate on this subject further back in this thread, including mockups of an "attack warning red" message on the BBC).

The local one was an the chimney of the secondary school. It was removed in 96

These days it's highly unlikely they would warn us at all. What good would it do?

(I'm pretty sure there's some further debate on this subject further back in this thread, including mockups of an "attack warning red" message on the BBC).

I was reading a little about this yesterday. Apparently one thing they would do is take over the mobile network and send a message to every mobile phone with whatever the warning was and what to do. I'd imagine further communication would continue in this manner as well as via radio.

We'd probably have about 10 minutes warning or so, just the right time to prepare for impending doom!

:)

I've seen the BBC warning on youtube, but its nothing compared to Aussie one. My friend used to work at itv, when they had local broadcast. He claimed to have seen the tape of her majesty telling us all to keep calm, ride it out and everything will be fine. Not sure how true this was. But he was trained in what switch to flick where at impending doom. (he also got paid over £2000 for basically sitting at console waiting for the millennium bug to hit. Of it had done. Flicked a switch. Happy times)

I doubt a warning would help. As seen on threads most of us would be well away from any form of shelter.

I only watched that BBC announcement after reading this thread. I had no idea that even existed! Very chilling to hear the words "it is now too late to seek shelter".

Isn't it completely pointless though? I'd like to not know at all. Since I'm going to die anyway at least I could avoid the last 10 mins of panic.

I did not know that was the name of the theme song