• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Anything Radioactive Topic

Apparently Iodine 131 has been detected across Scandinavia and Mainland Europe. Anyone want to do some digging to confirm?

Yeah, I've been seeing reports for a good week now saying "radiation levels across Europe have hit the roof and no one knows why".

... My geiger readings are, if anything, lower than normal.

I hear it was from a alien spaceship, that was left running parked on double yellow line. Whist the owner popped in to the shop for a copy of alien spotter weekly, as there was an article in it about him :D

I think Norway released it as they have a super nuke test ongoing which is a slow release

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-north-west-wales-39166971

A north Wales town has a cold war thriller on its hands after nuclear submarine plans were found in a charity shop suitcase.

Staff at a Barnardo's store in Porthmadog, Gwynedd, were amazed to discover the document showing details of the former £200m HMS Trafalgar.

"Someone said that if the phone rang and it was someone with a Russian accent, I should put it down," joked manager, Stella Parker.

The plans will be auctioned off.

Slight let down from the headline, but still interesting enough.

I've found an amazing series of videos on YT from a guy in the states who bought a ruined Titan II missile silo.
Now, when the Titan II sites were decommissioned, to comply with the various treaties, they had to be destroyed in such a way that they could never be used again. This means that what this guy is doing is more like an archaeological dig than restoring a building.

I'm only up to episode 6 so far, they've just entered the (still semi-flooded) tunnel that linked the silo itself to the control room. But the moment they finally got the blast doors open needs to be shared... unless you want to watch from the start, in which case, avoid the spoiler and go to the beginning of the playlist.

If it doesn't play from the correct time, skip to about 5:25

I know what I'm watching for the rest of the morning!

A bit of a worrying story. Although i thought First strike was planned. Retaliatory strikes where not.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Someone best give her a history leason on how well it went last time we decided to do a preemptive first strike against someone, oh and don't we have to get permission from America to fire their, sorry our nukes?

Oh the old of today, such short memories.

A bit of a worrying story. Although i thought First strike was planned. Retaliatory strikes where not.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

The idea of a "deterrent" is supposed to be "don't nuke us or we'll nuke you". Not, "we might nuke you at any time for sh!ts and giggles".

EDIT: This classic comes to mind. (Sorry for the bad quality)

So, I was watching a recording of Storyville on BBC 4, containing clips telling the story of living in a nuclear world. It's entitled 'atomic, living in dread and promise'.

I suddenly saw a clip seemed eerily familiar and loaded up The Smiler Half Way Corrected video-
39ade23e46879267fde7a3fd09914a64.jpg

Picture I took of my telly about half way through the programme-

499e45236ab59fe7b8c439eb2e458a0f.jpg

Creepy isn't it? Where do they get these clips from?

From the Government when they try and engineer your thoughts and these are the results. For similar results when manipulating things, see Stranger Things

It's weird though isn't it? I watched it time and time again and it is exactly the same lady in exactly the same clip. Out of all the of the trillions of video clips in the world, I happened to stumble across the exact same one.

Due to the narrativless nature of Storyville, it doesn't at all explain who this woman is, why she's in the program and what this has to do with nuclear weapons?

I have finally got myself a genuine relic of atomic history!

.... I now have genuine nuclear waste in my house!
One of these babies.

Geiger readings are slightly higher than they were this morning, but still well within normal for my house. Peaks of about 5CPM within a few feet of it.

... might see if I can get a lead lined box to keep it in, just to be on the safe side....