• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Anything Radioactive Topic

Had a nosy around Trawsfynydd and took in the views of the mountains and a block of concrete designed by Sir Basil Spence. No 3 headed fish were found but not surprising since 99.99% of radioactive material was removed 27 years ago.

Tinfoil hat moment happened when a workman watched me take photos and followed me along a path. Turns out he was protective if his van parked at the end of the path and not defending mother Russia!

If it's of interest here are said photos.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Z9l7fWln0WUVRGXk2

I did my DoF bronze hike around there. Great views.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Certainly is! I hope you managed a clear day there. I saw photos of the reactor with blue skies behind, clearly a Photoshop :p. Anything from Porthmadog to Blenau is perma grey (except Portmeirion).

Despite Trawsfynydd being fairly local it is only the second time I've stopped there. Will certainly be looking to doing a full home or cycle around the area in the near future.

For some reason, my Religious Education teacher decided it'd be a good idea for our class to watch Threads. It took us a rather long time considering we only had one lesson of RE a week. Even now, I still don't really know why we watched it. But it was either that, or more documentaries on phycopaths, paedophiles or terrorists...:tearsofjoy:

The weather report for the week it all kicks off
cad6e5c3bd7d707e19384e964187bbd6.jpg

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

It's obvious that the cold war shaped pretty much every aspect of culture on both sides of the iron curtain to some degree. But did you ever stop to think about how it influenced computer games?

Absolutely fascinating, and very true. Let's not forget the even bigger impact the Cold War had on films. I always think of the second Rambo film where the Russians in Vietnam couldn't of been more stereotypical evil! Of course when this video was made, Fallout 4 was just being released ...and now with Fallout 76 coming out, this is once again very relevant :)
61qU-AF76xL._SY550_.jpg