• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Anything Radioactive Topic

Oh dear. Who pressed the wrong button on the computer.
At least they now know it works

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Last night poochoob kept trying to tell me I should watch "pranks" where people play those faked "ATTACK WARNING RED" videos to people and they believe it. :banghead:

Last edited:
This whole false alarm situation raises many questions. For a start, how did it take 37 minutes for TPTB to realise and correct their mistake? And guess what the ICBM flight time from North Korea to Hawaii just happens to be?
... Thirty Seven minutes.

Now there are a few possibilities here, because let's be honest here, no alert system worth it's salt should be possible to trigger "accidently".

1) There really was a missile, but they managed to shoot it down and are now covering it up to avoid giving Lil' Kim the propaganda boost.

2) This was some kind of fecked up, MK Uktra style psy-op to mess with people's heads and / or see what they would do.

3) The only people with the power to issue a false alarm statement were too busy running to their secret bunkers to care what happens to the plebs.

This whole false alarm situation raises many questions. For a start, how did it take 37 minutes for TPTB to realise and correct their mistake? And guess what the ICBM flight time from North Korea to Hawaii just happens to be?
... Thirty Seven minutes.

Now there are a few possibilities here, because let's be honest here, no alert system worth it's salt should be possible to trigger "accidently".

37 mins for someone to check the text message on there phone. Wow, they must be crap on social media.

1) There really was a missile, but they managed to shoot it down and are now covering it up to avoid giving Lil' Kim the propaganda boost.

I think a story of the missile being badly made and failed. Exploding in mid air or crashing short into the sea, would be realised for that.

2) This was some kind of fecked up, MK Uktra style psy-op to mess with people's heads and / or see what they would do.

Would make a great for getting data. Even if it unethical.

3) The only people with the power to issue a false alarm statement were too busy running to their secret bunkers to care what happens to the plebs.

Sounds about right.

You did miss. Bloke ending last shift with TPTB pulling a stunt.

33bkdlrbdca01.gif

Another video for you to enjoy. An episode of Panorama from 1980, presented by a very young Paxman. How prepared was the UK for all out nuclear war?

Focusing on civil defense - or rather, the lack of it - it features all the things us nuke nerds love! Protect and Survive, the doomsday clock (at 7 minutes to midnight, compared to the TWO we are at now), some rather graphic footage of Hiroshima survivors and a civil defense training exercise, awkward interviews with ministers and civil servants, the absurdity of trying to build an "inner refuge" fallout shelter in your house... And most surprisingly, footage from inside the "golf balls" at RAF Fylingdales, and even Kelvedon Hatch bunker! (They point out that they cannot name it or say where it is, but once you've been there it's unmistakable.)
There's also a training exercise at York's RSG bunker (looks to be an converted ROTOR station like Kelvedon Hatch. I could look it up, but CBA), with the man who would be "controller" actually smiling while he says he would have no hesitation giving the order to shoot looters.

Certainly worth a watch, if nothing else, just for the "The BBC will now spend the next hour telling you very serious and scary things" Panorama theme tune, that I suspect most younger members have never heard. ;)

Oooh, and another gem. A 20 minute short from 2001, covering the various London bunkers that were obsolete as soon as they were built thanks to the development of the H bomb. Also mentions the Corsham bunker, which was still not declassified at the time this was made.

Oh two videos to watch as soon as north Korea stops it's DOS attack on my broadband. Or more likely the replacement router arrives.

Hmm, I wonder if the reason my Diaspora pod has been offline the last couple of days is related? :p

Another one for you to watch. A "podcast with clips" (I dunno if there's a term for these?) A scouser and two yanks comparing Threads vs The Day After. They're all nice and polite for the first half, calling TDA "a bit Hollywood". Then they move on to Threads and the expletives start flowing. :p

My kitty cat has hyperthyroidism, treatment involves an injection of radio active iodine..
:confused:

"After radio-iodine treatment all cats will return to normal (‘background radiation’) by 6 weeks"

good thing I dont want kids anytime soon, or have any hair left to fall out o_O