• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Archived Trip Planning, Questions and Advice!

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Re: Europa-Park 2013: Trip Planning, Questions and Advice!

Hackneyboy said:
Hi all. I hope you can help me. I am going to Europa park in November this year. I have booked an apartment just 10 mins away form the park and booked flights from London city to Basel. The only thing I am having problems with is the transfer between the airport at the park again.

I not to worried about the travel time, but I do want to keep the costs down. The inbound flight lands at 11am and we don't plan on going to the park till the following day. Anyone know the cheapest way to do it and how long it would take? I am a bit stupid travelling abroad so simple instructions would help!

Thank you

We are doing this but in September.

I am having problems with airport to park transfer.

I e-mailed a company that is linked to by Astrodan on the first post of this thread but I have had
First e-mail no reply, second email I got a bounce back mailbox is full third e-mail no reply.

So I could ring them but I am not sure if I trust a company to turn up when they say if they cannot answer a simple e-mail.

So I am looking at hiring a car and driving to EP. Its not too expensive for 4 days

Have you considered calling the company?

They'll speak some English.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I have got a reply from the company for the transfer. :D

Sorted! :D

Excellent - took them long enough! :D

Indeed, I was going to ring them, and I just checked my e-mail and they sent it 40 mins before. :p

Jem8472 said:
Indeed, I was going to ring them, and I just checked my e-mail and they sent it 40 mins before. :p
I've had that a couple of times - emails have gone into my junk folder and I've only noticed them when looking through my junk folder by chance. :p

Going for a few nights in October, mid-week... Three of us, we're looking for a guesthouse in Rust that's affordable and friendly as it's a budget trip. Preferably near the hotels too, if possible, as they're still nice to hang around in over the evening. Any tips?

Plastic Person said:
Going for a few nights in October, mid-week... Three of us, we're looking for a guesthouse in Rust that's affordable and friendly as it's a budget trip. Preferably near the hotels too, if possible, as they're still nice to hang around in over the evening. Any tips?

Hotel Andante in Rust is the nearest to the hotel resort (literally, 20 metres from Hotel Bell Rock), but you'd have a longer walk to the park entrance in the morning.

Elzpark Apartments is very good as a midpoint. It's 10-15 minutes walk down one road from the resort hotels, and 5 minutes from the park entrance.

:)

Just in case anyone was thinking about taking their dog with them to Europa Park, Dogs are welcome on park and the hotels, and only cost an extra €13 a night to stay in the room with you.

Ian

IanB said:
Just in case anyone was thinking about taking their dog with them to Europa Park, Dogs are welcome on park and the hotels, and only cost an extra €13 a night to stay in the room with you.

Ian
Ah that's a strange one, but I don't understand why you would want to take a dog on park

It's not like Alton.

Older people also visit. You used to be able to visit Alton with dogs too.

DOG WATCH! I've love it if we all took our doggies to Europa one time, but we can't take them on Euro Mir. ;)

josht said:
Ah that's a strange one, but I don't understand why you would want to take a dog on park

I have a friend who owns a dog, and they always take the dog with them on Holiday. They keep asking about Towers, and I keep suggesting EP, so rang the hotels to find out the information about dogs for him, and thought it was worth sharing. He is hopefully going next year :)

Ian

Just trying to budget out spends over the time I will be at Europa Park. Food wise, Breakfast is sorted - just lunch and evening meal to sort. Out of interest, how are food prices in the park? How much is the average meal? Looking forward to visiting Food Loop! :D

I depends massively on where you eat. Prices are fairly high, but you kinda expect that at any themepark

On park food and beverage is reasonably priced, for a theme park. The current exchange rate is not helping matters though - it's €1.16 = £1.00. Previously, it has been up to €1.40 = £1.00, when EP suddenly becomes a really cheap destination!

Prices in the park are typically:

Post mix Soft Drink: Small £1.80 (300ml), Medium £2.30 (400ml), £2.60 (500ml)
500ml bottles soft drink: £2.50 (+25p tax, which is refundable on return of bottle)
Glass of beer: £2.50
Glass of wine: £2.50
Cocktail on park: £6.50
Fast food meal (i.e. burger or kebab or hot dog, chips, drink): £6.50
Food Loop main meals: £7.50 average
Self Service Restaurant meal on park with drink: £8.50 average
Balthazar Castle Restaurant (a la carte) with drink: £15.00 average

SNACKS:
Candy Floss: £1.20
Chocolate Waffles: £2.50
Marshmallows: 30p (there's several really good value sweet snack places)
Churros: £2.00

EVENING MEALS:
Hotel Buffets are £25.00 in Castillo/Colisseo, £28.00 in Bell Rock and £35.00 at Santa Isabel.
Silver Lake Saloon is good value at night with burgers from £6.00 up and steaks from £12.00.

Hotel a la Carte restaurants are expensive but top quality.

Just a few more questions, and I will be highly thankful to the one that answers - I'm on the precipice of booking Europa Park for October (only time me and the missus can get off work together). Here is what I need help on:

1) What benefits are there to an Annual Pass for Europa Park? I am looking at going for 4 days in October and chances are I will go back again next year sometime so it is probably worth me getting an Annual pass and I was just wondering what the perks were.

2) I was also looking at visiting another park close by. I did want to do Phantasialand but its a little to far out the way for my first visit to that area and wouldn't feel comfortable travelling hours on end to get there. Maybe next year I will go there. So my substitute park would be Holiday Park (always wanted to go on Expedition GeForce). My questions are:

• How much would a taxi from Europa Park to Ringsheim Station cost?
  • How much would the journey from Ringsheim Station to nearest station to Holiday Park cost?
  • How much would the taxi from the destination station to Holiday Park cost?

I understand there would be a few changes on the way to Holiday park but I am fine with that. Also saw somewhere say the journey can take 2-3 hours which I am also fine with.

Thanks in advance! ;D

For trains, search on bahn.com, but note that you can't book more than 3 months in advance. It takes between 2 - 2 1/2 hours each way excluding road transfers at either end and will cost in the region of €50. There is a bus service from the station to Holiday Park, which I suspect will be much cheaper than a taxi. Details here.

As an alternative, some of us did a similar trip last year and hired a car for the day rather than take the train. I didn't organise it though and I can't remember how much it cost now. Assuming one of you drives I'd say it's certainly worth looking into - we arranged to have the car delivered to EP which made it a very convenient option.

EPAP perks: there aren't any significant perks with an annual pass, though you do get 1 day free entry at a range of other parks (including Efteling, Phantasialand and Port Aventura). You will receive a couple of vouchers from time to time. These are sometimes for relatively obscure things, such as 50% off a towel.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.