• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Archived Trip Planning, Questions and Advice!

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Re: Europa-Park 2013: Trip Planning, Questions and Advice!

After visting Europa Park in May this and now beeing a personal favourite of mine, I am now looking to vist again about same time next year. But I do have a couple of questions

• Is there any cheep flights to the sourronding area? ie Strasburg, Basel, Munich and so on. Last time we went by Eurostar to Paris and the connecting train to Strasburg. If I can help it, I would rather not flight to Basel as it means dealing with anougher currency.
  • To use the resorts bars and restaurants, do I have to stay in one of the resort hotels. As I'm looking for cheep accomidation, but I do wish to experience what the resort is like at the same time. If so, is booking needed or can I just turn up?

On a final note, do anyone know when the new Arthur themed area is due to open next year? Does Europa Park have a tendency to open there new rides at the start of the sesson?

Many thanks ;D

A couple of quick questions:

What is breakfast like? What sort of things are on offer. I am guessing it will be in one of the restaurants in our hotel.

Do EP offer cheap afternoon tickets as when we get there on the Monday we might head into the park to look around and take photos and stuff like that.

Thanks guys, only 35 days to go!

Breakfast: Amazing. You can generally eat in any of the 5 restaurants (1 out of Alcazar/Andaluz may close in quieter periods). Hot breakfast - German sausage, streaky bacon, eggs, hash browns, traditional meat loaf. Cold selection - hams, sausage, salmon, cheeses, fruits, cereals, pastries, yoghurts. Drinks etc. Each hotel also offers its own unique items, Santa Isabel does cook to order omelettes too while Bell Rock has Colonial American influence.

Cheap admission available from arround 3pm for hotel guests and free for last hour (this varies depending on ride close). Hotel reception can advise!

Hope this helps!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I haven't read everything in here, but what are the options for travelling by public transport, from Basel to EuropaPark?

1. Shuttle - €99 for 1-4 people.

2. Bus 50 to Basel SBB station then train to Ringsheim then bus.

3. Bus 50 to Basel SBB station then tram to Basel Bad Station then train to Ringsheim then bus.

www.bahn.co.uk for journey info, includes buses and trains.

Just sat a read through this post some great tips thanks all.We are off to the park for the first time next Weekend Sept 6th Friday -Monday we are stopping off park.
Just a few questions.
Is there a benefit with booking park tickets on-line before we go and will it in your opinion be busy (I know a difficult question to answer).
Cheers we can't wait to go !!!!.

merm said:
Just sat a read through this post some great tips thanks all.We are off to the park for the first time next Weekend Sept 6th Friday -Monday we are stopping off park.
Just a few questions.
Is there a benefit with booking park tickets on-line before we go and will it in your opinion be busy (I know a difficult question to answer).

OK, I will try to answer all your questions.

Will it be busy?
The park is likely to be medium. It's a weekend, so obviously it's busier than a week. But do not let that put you off - as the park will extend ride close very generously as a compromise. Standard hours are 9-6, but today for example it's 8.30pm because the park is presumably quite busy. The close time will be updated at 2pm on the EP homepage, EP App (download it before you go, it has queue times, show times, park closing times etc.) and on signs around the park. Remember to avoid the major coasters in France until early afternoon onwards, they'll be packed first thing. A good place to start is Matterhorn Blitz and then the Swiss Bobsleigh. You get the two most average coasters out of the way at park opening and then never need worry about them again! :D

Should I book park tickets before I go?
No. Buy a 2 or 3-day ticket from admissions. They're the same price and you'll get a proper ticket this way rather than an E-Ticket.

Any other tips?
Oh sorry, you didn't ask that one but I thought I would help myself anyway. Get yourself to the Piazza in Hotel Colosseo for 9:15pm on Friday or Saturday. This way, you'll get a decent spot for the well-worth-watching IMPERIO show, which takes place only in August and early September. You'll just catch it. It's a 20-30 minute show and features all sorts of cool special effects - dance, music, projections, pyro - the lot! Also, most of the summer offering will still be in flow - the Sansibar Beach Club starts around 4pm at the Mario Botta Platz and runs until 1 hour after ride close - it's kind of next to Silver Star's entrance. Check it out if you fancy a beverage! Pick up your park map, food guide and show guide as soon as you walk in the gates. Finally, remember - you can access the main street (German Alley) at 8:30am and wait for the gates at the top to open at 9am. This way, you have first picks.

Have an awesome time - Europa-Park is fantastic!

AstroDan said:
merm said:
Just a few questions.

OK, I will try to answer all your questions.

Will it be busy?
The park is likely to be medium. It's a weekend, so obviously it's busier than a week. But do not let that put you off - as the park will extend ride close very generously as a compromise. Standard hours are 9-6, but today for example it's 8.30pm because the park is presumably quite busy. The close time will be updated at 2pm on the EP homepage, EP App (download it before you go, it has queue times, show times, park closing times etc.) and on signs around the park. Remember to avoid the major coasters in France until early afternoon onwards, they'll be packed first thing. A good place to start is Matterhorn Blitz and then the Swiss Bobsleigh. You get the two most average coasters out of the way at park opening and then never need worry about them again! :D

Should I book park tickets before I go?
No. Buy a 2 or 3-day ticket from admissions. They're the same price and you'll get a proper ticket this way rather than an E-Ticket.

Any other tips?
Oh sorry, you didn't ask that one but I thought I would help myself anyway. Get yourself to the Piazza in Hotel Colosseo for 9:15pm on Friday or Saturday. This way, you'll get a decent spot for the well-worth-watching IMPERIO show, which takes place only in August and early September. You'll just catch it. It's a 20-30 minute show and features all sorts of cool special effects - dance, music, projections, pyro - the lot! Also, most of the summer offering will still be in flow - the Sansibar Beach Club starts around 4pm at the Mario Botta Platz and runs until 1 hour after ride close - it's kind of next to Silver Star's entrance. Check it out if you fancy a beverage! Pick up your park map, food guide and show guide as soon as you walk in the gates. Finally, remember - you can access the main street (German Alley) at 8:30am and wait for the gates at the top to open at 9am. This way, you have first picks.

Have an awesome time - Europa-Park is fantastic!

Thanks for all the info this time next week we will be on our way to Stansted can't wait....

Re: Europa-Park 2014: Trip Planning, Questions and Advice!

The information in the first post in this topic has been fully updated to reflect 2014 season pricing at the resort.

Most hotel stays have risen by €1 or €2 per person per night, and park tickets have risen by €2.

The season starts on 5th April and ends on 2nd November 2014.

The next opening period however is Saturday 23rd November 2013 to Sunday 5th January 2014 for winter season.

:)

Hello all,

When myself and my girlfriend stayed at EP this summer we went over to the resort hotels (we were staying in Elzpark which is off-resort and nearby, very highly recommended!) We asked at the hotels if we could eat in the restaurants at the hotels, to which the reception staff mentioned that we couldn't but that we could use the bars.

We're now planning on going again in June but is this actually the case, or can we just go to the restaurants and pay?

Thanks!

I have eaten in the restaurants a few times without staying in the hotel. They asked on each occasion if they had reservations, but not for a room card or so on.

I usually go to the Information office near the carousel in England and get them to book tables for me.

The lady in there is very helpful.

I never have a problem usually.

easyJet are apparently launching flights between Gatwick and Strasbourg next March, operating four flights a week. Visiting EP just got even easier!

Thanks all - I'm heading to EP in June 2014 - and I'll let you know how I get on with the lady by the carousel!

I went earlier this year, and would now like to take a group of friends to the best themepark on earth, next year!

How much would you guesstimate that I should budget for food over 3.5 days? The first night id like to eat in one of the hotels (maybe bell rock), however to save money, the other nights i'd attempt to eat earlier, in the park. As we are not so fussed about table-service, restaurant dining.

Dinner, 1x hotels, 1x Silver Lake Saloon, 1 x off park €90 including drinks

Lunches/park snacks x3 €45

AstroDan said:
Dinner, 1x hotels, 1x Silver Lake Saloon, 1 x off park €90 including drinks

Lunches/park snacks x3 €45

PERFECT! Many many many thanks! :D One last question, is there anywhere off park that you'd recommend?

Apres Park in Rust is a good pizzeria, abd has EP memorabilia from the years on the walls.

So I would suggest that, then one night at Silver Lake Saloon by the Tipi Village and then your upmarket hotel meal.

On park my favourites are Kaffi Hus for Bagels in Iceland, Fjord Restaurant in Scandinavia (Roland often uses the room on the first floor over the path to do work) and Pizzeria Venezia in Italy.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.