• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: 2021 Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Interested to see how this plays out. I am not sure how much clearance plays into it. It's possible (perhaps likely) that these seats will be like those on Steel Taipan, rather than those on Time Traveller (?).

Feels pretty sensible overall, bring some focus back to Icon and offer a new experience with a relatively cheap solution.

I wonder what a coaster train chassis with Steeplechase horse on top would be like on Nash - terrifying I imagine. And @rob666 would still stand up!
Oh wow, I can imagine that would be rough!

Steeplechase is already pretty brutal at the low speed it goes as is, so god knows what that riding position would be like negotiating Nash’s layout!

Honestly I can see the whole train being spinning, there literally isn’t room for a split queue, unless they can somehow reroute speedy pass

Pity that, nearly decided to go today for the fireworks. Still I'm there closing weekend so that's an added bonus. Though when I've visited in previous years for late night riding and fireworks I've only managed to see them once from four visits due to bad weather.

Honestly I can see the whole train being spinning, there literally isn’t room for a split queue, unless they can somehow reroute speedy pass
Can't see how that will help regarding queuing. Some will want a spin ride and others will want a normal ride so you will still need 2 queue lines.

Sent from my ELS-NX9 using Tapatalk

Can't see how that will help regarding queuing. Some will want a spin ride and others will want a normal ride so you will still need 2 queue lines.

Sent from my ELS-NX9 using Tapatalk
There simply wouldn’t be a non spinning option - Time Traveller and Ride to Happiness are spinning only and do just fine

There simply wouldn’t be a non spinning option - Time Traveller and Ride to Happiness are spinning only and do just fine
They do just fine, but it's worth noting that they're fundamentally different trains. BPB abandoning one or more of their four year old Icons trains and wholly replacing them feels unlikely.

Note in the photos below, the Copperhead Strike train (Icon equivalent) has a completely different wheel configuration, with road wheels only on the rear of each car, with a zero car leading. The Time Traveler cars are made up of cars that are wholly self supporting, with four sets of road wheels and are longer.

R8j2Du1.png

DFb8e92.png

As per my previous post, Mack has just launched a spinning seat for their Mega/Launch coaster trains, that feature a pair of seats (replacing the two pairs) on each car. It could be there is something new in the works ... like what they tested on Blue Fire six years ago, a four seat spinning car, but as per the video, it did necessitate the removal of another row of seats from the rear of the fourth car.

They do just fine, but it's worth noting that they're fundamentally different trains. BPB abandoning one or more of their four year old Icons trains and wholly replacing them feels unlikely.

Note in the photos below, the Copperhead Strike train (Icon equivalent) has a completely different wheel configuration, with road wheels only on the rear of each car, with a zero car leading. The Time Traveler cars are made up of cars that are wholly self supporting, with four sets of road wheels and are longer.

R8j2Du1.png

DFb8e92.png

As per my previous post, Mack has just launched a spinning seat for their Mega/Launch coaster trains, that feature a pair of seats (replacing the two pairs) on each car. It could be there is something new in the works ... like what they tested on Blue Fire six years ago, a four seat spinning car, but as per the video, it did necessitate the removal of another row of seats from the rear of the fourth car.

All noted, but at the same time it’s the only thing they’re doing this year. What’s to stop them getting some full trains on loan for example, and then when the hype drops down having a mix of both train tupes

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.