• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: 2021 Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Is there any update on if Nickelodeon Land is closing as speculated by some. Personally I hope Beaver Creek returns. I much prefer for Theme Parks to have rides and areas that are exclusive to them,rather than a shoddy sponsorship (IP). Take Professor Burp's Bubbleworks at Chessington World Of Adventures for example. This ride was perfect until Imperial Leather get involved. I think original concepts make Theme Parks more magical than having ridable adverts dotted around.

Is there any update on if Nickelodeon Land is closing as speculated by some. Personally I hope Beaver Creek returns. I much prefer for Theme Parks to have rides and areas that are exclusive to them,rather than a shoddy sponsorship (IP). Take Professor Burp's Bubbleworks at Chessington World Of Adventures for example. This ride was perfect until Imperial Leather get involved. I think original concepts make Theme Parks more magical than having ridable adverts dotted around.
I get where you’re coming from, but I think Nickelodeon is a pretty popular IP, and IPs do add an element of marketability to an attraction. I think that land’s marketability does give them something that they can flaunt to families with young kids. Although I guess Beaver Creek returning is a good shout if the license is up; even if I’m unsure whether they’d rebuild the land right back to 2010 specification, I reckon it would be a nice nod to the park’s history that people would enjoy!

Also, a lot of people do like experiencing the worlds from films and TV shows for themselves; that’s likely to be at least part of why the Disney and Universal parks are so popular!

I agree with @Matt N I do think it's worth it for pleasure beach to extend the IP and I think they probably will. I suppose the Bever Creek is a backup but I think nickelodeon land is a big draw to the park and it wouldn't make sense removing it any time soon.

Do all your ideas involve reverting things to how they were 20 years ago?

What sort of thing are you referencing ?

Nostalgia is one thing but rebuilding a synthetic version of the past is a bit strange, for my money.
From my experience, “bringing back” old attractions and old stuff is something that Cedar Fair in particular likes to do. For instance, I remember that when they renamed and rethemed a load of attractions and areas at Kings Dominion a few years back, old names from the park’s initial years were bought back.

I also remember that Kings Island “bought back” their antique cars a few years ago as a nod to nostalgia.

Cedar Fair do seem to love a bit of nostalgia!

From my experience, “bringing back” old attractions and old stuff is something that Cedar Fair in particular likes to do. For instance, I remember that when they renamed and rethemed a load of attractions and areas at Kings Dominion a few years back, old names from the park’s initial years were bought back.

I also remember that Kings Island “bought back” their antique cars a few years ago as a nod to nostalgia.

Cedar Fair do seem to love a bit of nostalgia!
Not exactly in the same league as retheming (detheming?) a whole area is it?

Did Journey To Hell last night, horrendous weather all night but thankfully all the mazes and rides operated as advertised.

Thought it was much improved from 2019 and the park were right to use existing rides like the River Caves and Ghost Train.

The event flowed much better this time as everyone did everything in the same order

The hell tunnels and the scare maze both offered a decent amount of jumps and scares as well.

I love PB but controversially I find Nickelodeon Land quite scruffy. I really do wonder how Nickelodeon feel about it. SpongeBob alone has the prestige, recognition and scale to warrant its own themed area, it’s mind boggling that so many high profile IPs are all exclusive to that little, dingy, area.

I love PB but controversially I find Nickelodeon Land quite scruffy. I really do wonder how Nickelodeon feel about it. SpongeBob alone has the prestige, recognition and scale to warrant its own themed area, it’s mind boggling that so many high profile IPs are all exclusive to that little, dingy, area.
I don't agree at all, Nickelodeon Land is a very vibrant area of the park and represents the brand well, it's also incredible how it still looks as clean and fresh as when it first opened.

The only thing I think I'd change is more themed audio instead of the same park-wide music playlist in Nick Land.

I don't agree at all, Nickelodeon Land is a very vibrant area of the park and represents the brand well, it's also incredible how it still looks as clean and fresh as when it first opened.

The only thing I think I'd change is more themed audio instead of the same park-wide music playlist in Nick Land.
@Coaster Nickelodeon Land could have just closed for the final time. There are rumours that over the winter Nickelodeon Land will be reverted back to Beaver Creek.

@Coaster Nickelodeon Land could have just closed for the final time. There are rumours that over the winter Nickelodeon Land will be reverted back to Beaver Creek.
Made enquiries on Nickland...not going anywhere, not even any rumours on the park.
You were suggesting the kids park would close back in May this year Prof Burp...is there any source to your rumours, or is it all just ketchup?

Apologies for the poor quality but I was flying back from Aberdeen last night and took a pic of Blackpool from above...

IMG-20211104-212950209.jpg

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.