• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: 2021 Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
In an effort to steer away from some simple geometric patterns that can be found all along the prom…

Would it be feasible to have Intamin freefall towers fitted to the Big One, similar to those that can be found attached to Kingda Ka? It would give them change to finally remove ice blast and rework that area of the park, and also be the tallest drop towers in the U.K.
That's a great idea actually! :)

Would it be feasible to have Intamin freefall towers fitted to the Big One, similar to those that can be found attached to Kingda Ka? It would give them change to finally remove ice blast and rework that area of the park, and also be the tallest drop towers in the U.K.

If you had them on the first drop you'd have to eat into the Boulevard Hotel carpark and figure out how to get access to them from the park. Don't see that happening given BPB's current parking situation.

I've not been there, but doesn't Gröna Lund have their Intamin drop tower straddling a pathway? Presumably it costs more compared to having the platform on the ground, and then there'd be issues around getting people to the ride. It feels like one of those things that could be a cool project, although 200ft wouldn't be exceptional by modern drop ride standards, so perhaps it wouldn't be worth the cost. Particularly if the throughput was quite low. Because of all the logistics around it, it wouldn't necessarily be a cheap project, but if they got rid of Ice Blast it would free up a chunk of space for a new project. I've not been on Ikaros, but it looks like a cool ride.

maxresdefault.jpg

I've not been there, but doesn't Gröna Lund have their Intamin drop tower straddling a pathway? Presumably it costs more compared to having the platform on the ground, and then there'd be issues around getting people to the ride. It feels like one of those things that could be a cool project, although 200ft wouldn't be exceptional by modern drop ride standards, so perhaps it wouldn't be worth the cost. Particularly if the throughput was quite low. Because of all the logistics around it, it wouldn't necessarily be a cheap project, but if they got rid of Ice Blast it would free up a chunk of space for a new project. I've not been on Ikaros, but it looks like a cool ride.

maxresdefault.jpg
I've said before that a drop tower like Ikaros would be a great fit for the park. :)
Still think an S&S 4D Free-spin would be too. :p

The Big One, Revolution and Steeplechase - the three Arrow coasters - ran brilliantly at Pleasure Beach today despite snow and the temperature being below 0 degrees at points during the day.

Big Dipper, Nickelodeon Streak and Infusion were also running very well.

Meanwhile, Icon and Avalanche, the Mack coasters, were closed all day.

Last edited:
The Big One, Revolution and Steeplechase - the three Arrow coasters - ran brilliantly at Pleasure Beach today despite snow and the temperature being below 0 degrees at points during the day.

Big Dipper, Nickelodeon Streak and Infusion were also running very well.

Meanwhile, Icon and Avalanche, the Mack coasters, were closed all day.
Do you think Icon would have been open if it was windy and the Big One shut?

Interestingly, there is a lot of scaffolding around Grand National's station at present:

Could they be giving the ride a refurbishment prior to the 2022 season that includes a station repaint?

Has anything more been said about the supposed “return” of Beaver Creek? I know that earlier in the year Amanda Thompson hinted at the return of this iconic area with various posts on social media.

Has anything more been said about the supposed “return” of Beaver Creek? I know that earlier in the year Amanda Thompson hinted at the return of this iconic area with various posts on social media.

More chance of them rebuilding the Wild Mouse than beaver creek returning any time soon.

Not saying it couldn't happen one day but Nick Land will be around for a while longer.

More chance of them rebuilding the Wild Mouse than beaver creek returning any time soon.

Not saying it couldn't happen one day but Nick Land will be around for a while longer.

@shakey I thought that the Nickelodeon sponsorship was due to end this year. As for the Wild Mouse I thought it had been demolished and scrapped.

@shakey I thought that the Nickelodeon sponsorship was due to end this year. As for the Wild Mouse I thought it had been demolished and scrapped.
I think people are just guessing it was a 10 year deal. Could be longer or could have been extended.

It would take months of work to retheme the whole area so definitely not happening this closed season.

As for the Wild Mouse, I am afraid it is still NSANO

Sent from my ELS-NX9 using Tapatalk

never say never

Surely it's grade II listed status pretty much confirms it is going to be never. RMC'ing it would mean significant modifications to the structure. Even if they were just adding steel track. Lots of extra supporting would be needed as steel is quite heavy. Can never see Historic England allowing it.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.