• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: 2023 Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Just out of curiosity I've got a couple of questions about the Big One and am hoping some of you will know the answer. I was there two or three weeks ago on a really nice day weather wise. But all day the Big One was running, they were only loading approximately the first two thirds of the train. The gates for the rear third were blocked off all day. Does anyone know why this would be?

Also, although we try and visit once or twice a year, we tend to go when it's off peak. I've only ever seen the Big One running one train only. Just wondered if it ever runs on two trains these days. Apologies if these questions have been answered previously.

I just want to say that we had a great day, in fact I've never had a bad day there. It's a park that I've really come to appreciate over the last few years, and it's now probably my favourite park in the UK.

They only unsandbag as many seats as they think they will need at the start of the day...taking them off and on is quite a lengthy procedure, but the extra mass makes sure the train beats any gusty winds.
Two trains are peak days only now.
If Boris turns up on the Beach today after I've had a couple of pints...
See you on News at Ten.

Another enjoyable day at pleasure beach yesterday with @rob666 and @Dipper_Dave

Fairly quiet despite the school trips. At times it was difficult to spot another adult so the place would have been completely dead without the kids.

Big One running two trains though which was excellent. @rob666 reckons that's cos the schools insist on it or they wont come.

Most rides were 10mins queue or less. including Icon and Big One.

Pleasure beach have been tweeting about the Crazy Golf recently and just noticed that it is now £15 for 12 holes of crazy golf !!! - That is utterly ridiculous.

Probably marginally better value than ENSO but how they expect to get anyone to play at that price is beyond me.

It's not even well designed. Played it a few years ago and the balls all roll into the same spot on some holes.

Haha...thought I had posted this yesterday...
Big One on two trains today...a promise for school groups that was made some (pre covid) years ago.
Couple of thousand schoolkids on park today, quite bearable really.
Lovely afternoon, even got away with an extra hours parking without a ticket.
National really is much improved.
Other things noticed...many rides close at 4 currently...probably for the schools.
Some minor flats were closed or only open 2 hours.
Get 'em in quick before the schoolscramble hits.
Bounce those queuejumpers...take out those kneecaps.

Just got email from BPB. Now save £5 if book 7 days in advance. Er, hasn’t this mostly been the case anyway, that advance booking is cheaper?

This year there has been no further discount for booking more than a day in advance.

This brings peak time costs to £39 (seven days in advance), £44 (up to the night before) , and £46 on the day.
Better pricing but I still think it should be around £30 , bringing it more inline with towers voucher prices.

They also have evening tickets on Late night riding days at £29 . That's entry from 6pm . A good idea but still too much for 4 hours on what are likely to be very busy days. You will do well to get more than 4 or 5 major rides in. Should have been from 4pm or cheaper.

Last edited:
I've only been to
Blackpool Pleasure Beach once since they put a price on the door. I used to go every year without fail until then.

I really want to try out Icon and the new Valhalla, but no way I'm paying full price for 2 rides.

I've only been to
Blackpool Pleasure Beach once since they put a price on the door. I used to go every year without fail until then.

I really want to try out Icon and the new Valhalla, but no way I'm paying full price for 2 rides.
Would you just not ride anything else? Why not go and have a full theme park day out.

There's not much there for me now, especially aster closing Gold Mine and Noah's Ark.

I would however like to try the Alice ride again, only went in it once about 45 years ago. I remember it kept getting stuck! haha!

Hi all, first post here! BPB have just released some season passes for the rest of 2022 priced at £150. Does anyone know how much a full season would have costed for 2022, and do they do they charge less for renewals? I'm trying to work out whether this is good value or I would be better waiting to buy for next season instead.

We paid £90 for renewals last year, for the whole '22 season.
Usually around £100 towards the end of the season.
Will you go more than 4 times this year, if so, it will be worth it.

Hi all, first post here! BPB have just released some season passes for the rest of 2022 priced at £150. Does anyone know how much a full season would have costed for 2022, and do they do they charge less for renewals? I'm trying to work out whether this is good value or I would be better waiting to buy for next season instead.

£150! That’s some cheek! I’m sure 2022 season passes were offered at £100 in Black Friday last year as an early bird deal and then at a regular price of £125 until they stopped selling them at the end of February.

I wanted to buy four season passes for my family in March but I was surprised to see that they were saying that the allocation of 2022 passes had sold out. I’m assuming that they realised that their strategy of not selling passes from the start of the season and trying to push people towards individual day tickets hasn’t worked, hence the park being very empty at times, but to jack up the price and sell them for £150 when the season is halfway through is an absolute pee take.

Thanks for the info, I did think it seemed quite high! I think I'll hang on then, see if they do another black Friday sale this year.

Same here, that’s what I’m waiting for. Pleasure Beach really do make some strange decisions sometimes but halting the sale of season tickets after the White Knuckle Weekends back in February was just bizarre. I’m happy to just not visit at all this year and pick up a season ticket eventually for next year.

£150! That’s some cheek! I’m sure 2022 season passes were offered at £100 in Black Friday last year as an early bird deal and then at a regular price of £125 until they stopped selling them at the end of February.

I wanted to buy four season passes for my family in March but I was surprised to see that they were saying that the allocation of 2022 passes had sold out. I’m assuming that they realised that their strategy of not selling passes from the start of the season and trying to push people towards individual day tickets hasn’t worked, hence the park being very empty at times, but to jack up the price and sell them for £150 when the season is halfway through is an absolute pee take.

Once the season is underway they rarely (perhaps even never) drop the price, regardless of how much of the current season remains. Which is why we’ve seen prices like £170 for current season passes with only weeks remaining on them. Crazy.

Thanks for the info, I did think it seemed quite high! I think I'll hang on then, see if they do another black Friday sale this year.

As above though, the question isn't is the season pass too high, it is will you visit the park enough to make it worthwhile.

If you would make four or five trips anyway, you would save money with a season pass. If you wouldn't visit that often then why buy a season pass at all.
Even at a £100-120 price you would still need three trips to make it worth it.

Add up how much you would visit the park and how much that would cost in day tickets, then see if season pass is cheaper.

Same applies to all annual passes, going to a park just because you have a pass can get boring, work out if you'd want to go first.

Once the season is underway they rarely (perhaps even never) drop the price, regardless of how much of the current season remains. Which is why we’ve seen prices like £170 for current season passes with only weeks remaining on them. Crazy.

The thing I don’t like though is how they stopped selling season passes at the start of March (when I was wanting to buy some) saying that the allocation of them had sold out. To me it seems like it would be much better value to just wait until the 2023 ones go on sale and get a full season of access for less money than it would cost to buy one now for a shorter period.

If the passes were say annual passes that were valid for a period of 12 months from buying (ie like Merlin ones) then it would be fine buying one now. If I lived locally it might but different I suppose in that I could buy a pass now and use it a fair bit to really get my money’s worth out of it, but living some distance away on the other side of the country my opportunities to visit are a bit more limited. Like I say, it just seems a better idea to just wait until next season and pay less but get more for your money.

Last edited:
If you live a long way away, I wouldn't bother with a Blackpool season pass...fuel costs going up and a rail strike on the way.
The Beach (allegedly) made good money out of covid, there were very few quiet days when they were open, every day was a busy day.
When the season passes were removed from sale, covid rules were only just being fully relaxed, and foreign travel still risky.
Then the energy prices shot up, and the last regulations on covid relaxed, people stopped visiting the Beach...season pass sales have resumed.
£150 is poor value for "half" a pass, unless you are going to visit at least four times this season, it simply is not worth the effort.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.