• ā„¹ļø Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: 2023 Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Itā€™s interesting to see on Twitter the posts about Valhalla from some self proclaimed Pleasure Beach super fans who are claiming that Valhalla as it is now is absolutely superb unlike most others that are saying that itā€™s a very disappointing downgrade. Also seems to be these same super fans are the ones who Mandy regularly replies to or retweets their posts. Amazing how they claim that everything she and the park do is brilliant when even fans such as PBE have their doubts and disappointments.
Sounds familiar to a certain manor house, but I'm not allowed to say that

Alright, my review. Drowned worse than ever. Did get an estop just before final drop but resolved with no evac. A lot of darkness. Boat was like titanic. Soundtrack totally inaudible, but first section of the ride will be good if they can bump the sound up a lot

Sounds familiar to a certain manor house, but I'm not allowed to say that

For the love of everything that is Wardley you can dislike the certain Manor House all you damn well like, but stop suggesting everyone who does like it is being fanboyish.

People who canā€™t accept their opinion is in the minority suggesting the people who disagree with them are blind due to some mystical fan fever is getting really very pathetic.

As for Valhalla even some of the most avid fans have said itā€™s bad, itā€™s an extremely small group who are being positive about it and that group engage with the owner on social media so yes that is suspect.

Currently about 30 mins since a boat ran through Valhalla, but queue is still open. Andy H announcing it is about to resume

Not been on it yet (and it was always a "once a year is more than enough, thankyou" level of wetness) but I fancy a moan so... fine for the soft opening/"technical rehearsal" they're doing, the issue I have is it seems to be 3pm onwards, with a flip of the coin as to whether that lasts 30 minutes and stops for the day. Add the fact it's being advertised (emails announcing it's open) to get more people visiting to try it (or not, if it closes 30 minutes in to its hour queue)... I don't know, just doesn't make sense to me. Fine they may be using 10am-3pm to make changes to the ride, but how long does it take to adjust timings on sensors?

Thoughts based on not having been on it yet, but stood in the area - I was expecting the new sound track to be all around it, kinda like you can hear the Icon music quite loud in the area surrounding, and the Big One music plays in the area of the queueline/entrance.

I'll probably give it a go when it's fully open (and has much less of a queue, in better weather). Annoyingly went dressed for it both days this weekend and it just doesn't open long enough.

I've had two goes today and I've only heard the soundtrack in the station. If it is in the ride, I can't hear it at all.

Just to note, by last ride was stopped on the turntable. An op had to come up, reverse the boat off, then bring it on again. Subsequently, a lot of effects didn't trigger

The failure of triggers after a breakdown isn't a massive concern, it does take time for things to reset. The changes seem concerning however in general.

Tell that to the poor sods that get a ride through a darkened warehouse after spending an hour queuing for it because nothing works.

It's not ideal, see also the early rides on Alty Mans which had effects issues due to ride stoppage. Over time it should be less of a thing.

Queuing now. It has broken down again. Seems up and down like a yoyo. They shut queue an hour early even though it had a short 15-20min queue. Guessing to factor in for all the downtime

I managed 4 rounds of drenching today; they closed the queue just as I was about to embark on my fifth (although based on the above looks like it's just as well)

Very intermittent effects. Ride system constantly having problems

I think there's a long way to go to get this out of 'technical rehearsals', it's nowhere near a finished product, and nowhere near what it once was.

I don't recall the water level being so problematic previously, but today, I was getting drenched in the back seat by water riding over the side of the boat. On my first round, after the drop, there was a large volume of water simply falling over the edge of something directly into the boat (I assume its another section of the layout passing over)

My final voyage was immediately after some tech problems, the boat hadn't been drained and the water was ankle deep before leaving the station (even with my feet on the raised bit in front)

On another note, does anyone know if Rev is supposed to do this?

If that's the big one queue before it opened I was watching them doing that with the Revolution myself (I was further up the big one queue ramp). They did that a few times before eventually sending it full power and the train went through the circuit. So I'd guess it was just testing.

Just a reminder that the Valhalla ice room used to look like this!

336895241_6303385843060491_3212427124232128924_n.jpg

It was absolutely mind blowing travelling through a freezing cold room full of real snow, ice, and having it aimed at you from above.

337164453_729476682250568_7298606003070436727_n.jpg

Hopefully Pleasure Beach are able to restore or match this level of quality; it was truly on another level compared to any other ride I've been on.

Come on now, the ice room looked like that on a good day, outside summer, when you were lucky.
I would guess that I saw it like that on about half a dozen occasions, in twenty years of regular riding.
Otherwise, a bit of slush in a chilly room, or sometimes nothing at all.
Edit...anyone recall what rides had buzzbars at the Beach?

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.