• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: 2023 Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
It does sound as though Valhalla is wildly inconsistent at the moment… when those giving it rave reviews rode, maybe the stars just aligned and everything worked?

Shawn's definition of a technical rehearsal seems very different to my own and he is straining to be as reasonable as possible - although he is a big fan of the park so I guess this is partly to be expected.

You would never get a technical rehearsal this lousy on a ride at Disney or Universal, where it is most common.

Honestly - I think Alton Manor could well have been advertised as a 'technical rehearsal' at first. Most dark rides are. But Valhalla is plain unfinished.
To be fair, the only definition of "technical rehearsal" that matters in this case is the one the park are going by, which is most likely the definition used in theatrical settings. Technical rehearsals are very different to dress rehearsals, and come in stages. Firstly it is just run throughs used for setting and tweaking sound and lighting cues, with more and more added in as other parts are completed. Going by the reports and reviews from the first day it sounds pretty much like what would be expected of this particular phase.

Technical rehearsals on Disney and Universal rides would also be like this one is, the difference is they probably wouldn't let the public ride during this period.

Last edited:
That may be the case but at this first stage, should it really be open to guests?
Probably not, but because the pressure was on to get the ride open, the ride system has obviously gone through all the testing it needs to know it is safe to open to guests, as long as guests are made aware that it is in technical rehearsals stage then they can open and finally stop all the "why is valhalla not open" and "when will it open" questions they were getting day in day out. They may have slightly overestimated people's ability to google what technical rehearsal means though.

Opened again this afternoon, spoken to a few people and it sounds like more effects are in operation now. Still going to wait myself until next month. Got too many layers of clothes on and a pair of shoes I'd rather not destroy.

Seemed most people coming off were laughing and smiling, also very wet.

Last edited:
icon has been sat on the second launch track for about 25 minutes now, does this happen often, not sure if it had a roll back or an e stop happened, I was talking and distracted when it happened.
Train before mine did that a couple of weeks ago, I overheard one of the ops saying 'same thing as yesterday' at the time

Thought I was about to get an evac on icon there - problems with the second lauch. Has been reset and running again after about 10 mins. My train felt a lot faster than usual as a result, not sure if they can boost it?

Just had a thought on something regarding a certain new addition for the ride...
Regarding the Hot Ice Angel statue on the ride which many are saying is a reference that Mandy wanted to include, I have to wonder if this if this could be PBB trying to pull of an Easter egg by having their own version of the Flume Duck on Alton Manor and trying to pull of the same trick though seems far more blatant and nowhere near as subtle compared to the duck blending into the scenery.

Just had a thought on something regarding a certain new addition for the ride...
Regarding the Hot Ice Angel statue on the ride which many are saying is a reference that Mandy wanted to include, I have to wonder if this if this could be PBB trying to pull of an Easter egg by having their own version of the Flume Duck on Alton Manor and trying to pull of the same trick though seems far more blatant and nowhere near as subtle compared to the duck blending into the scenery.

Did anyone seriously suggest any additions were linked to Hot Ice? It was just a nod to the long running enthusiast joke that Mandy is only interested in that show wasn’t it?

It sounds as though Valhalla has improved drastically since earlier this week:

This is good to hear! Hopefully Wednesday was just a blip!

You do realise you're about the only person who links everything to the flume duck

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.