• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: 2023 Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Yes the big dipper refurb took 6 years and now the ride only goes up the lift hill then half way around the none existent onion and then the ride is over but I think you guys are being far too critical, this is only technical rehearsals what did you expect?

It’s very apparent now this park and how it’s managed has become a complete laughing stock now. You’d think after year’s experience in the theme-park industry, there be at the top of there game.

Merlin may have faults but they can upgrade a ride, open on time, market and advertise very well as well as be professional on line. Surprised they haven’t had more accidents at this park!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Merlin may have faults but they can upgrade a ride, open on time, market and advertise very well as well as be professional on line. Surprised they haven’t had more accidents at this park!
To be honest bad punctuality of new and refurbished rides does not equate to the park being unsafe, nothing leads me to believe the park don't undergo the standard legal amount of maintenance and safety procedures.

It’s very apparent now this park and how it’s managed has become a complete laughing stock now. You’d think after year’s experience in the theme-park industry, there be at the top of there game.

I mean their marketing is poor, they make some questionable operational decisions amongst other things, but to imply they are inherently unsafe or slacking in the maintenance department is quite slanderous and based on no evidence..?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I know people like to dunk on Pleasure Beach but they well with what they have. The park needs a cash injection in the future but I don't think they deserve to be called a laughing stock.

Food and Beverage has improved this year and Valhalla is gradually getting better. Merlin have way more resources than PB.

Let's face it, nobody on here even believes they will get any new ride in the next 10 years.

There seems to be a lot of reliability problems with Valhalla. From all the reports I've seen it seems as though it's breaking down on an hourly basis.

It's one thing to blame the non-working effects on technical rehearsals but I don't think you can use that excuse for how unreliable the ride system is.

If a large part of the £4.5 million which they have allegedly spent has gone on upgrading the ride system then this is slightly concerning.

Are we looking at another pleasure beach ride to have money thrown at it , only to be closed permanently soon after ?

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Not sure about that. They haven't had to suspend ticket sales and say they hope to have 40% of rides open unlike Chessington so compared to some other UK parks they aren't that bad. Also its good to have some independent parks still.

I suspect they will get something much sooner than that.

@b2311e Oh dear. Where abouts on the circuit ?
Just before final drop, the boat in front had got stuck in the corners I think. I'm currently queueing outside the closed queue, think it will reopen soon, they've been sending empty boats for about 10 mins

There are drive wheels before each drop that can stop a boat. If the ride stops the first boat to arrive at the drop is stopped on the drive wheels and any subsequent boat just crashes into the back of the first.

Just how the ride is

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.