• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: 2023 Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I mean their marketing is poor, they make some questionable operational decisions amongst other things, but to imply they are inherently unsafe or slacking in the maintenance department is quite slanderous and based on no evidence..?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Slander is spoken, this would be libel, as it is written.

6 rounds of water warehouse completed today. Verdict: thousand of times better than last week.
Lighting far more approriate. Sound works loud and clear for the first half.

The room with steam is great, didn't see that last week. They have attempted to time the lighting so it follows the boat (not reliable though, looks like it is occasionally not sensing the boats entry). The finale now features a shedload more fire.

Entire section of effects after second lift hill appear to be broken, though.

Oddly quiet day on park today. Ice Blast crew waiting for riders, National a walk on on two trains.

Valhalla flooded and testing intermittently, maybe 100 people waiting for it.

It ran for less than an hour before stopping and evac. I hey appear to have got it open again though.

One trip through thus far. Night and day vs. last time. Very good. Will update my running review later.

It was a sh!te log flume in the dark in a shed.
Again.
Nowt worked much, apart from the drops and vortex.
The very best bit of the day was the stunning member of the bar staff in Crevettes who kindly brought out a hot water bottle onto the balcony to warm us up after.
Lovely, lovely young lady with a heart of gold.
I found Valhalla most amusing after three years of improvements, shakey will give further detail later I'm sure, but very little worked.
Icon was on a single train...spinny seated...so running on one train of 12 poor punters, with seat size issues...big boy seats gone at the back...so was running about 150 punters an hour.
Most stuff walk on, and only idiots would do Valhalla twice!
The new chicken place puts Towers food to shame, half or full chicken and chips for 9 or 12 quid, nice small sides a quid each...very good indeed.
Good rides, queues, beer, food and company...and extra beer thanks to shakey driving.
Lovely day, again.

Well another great day out with excellent company as always, and I even got to see @rob666 famous "ning post"

As rob has already said, the chicken from Loki's bar was spot on. £11.95 for a full chicken and chips (or 3 quid less for half a chicken). Would have been cheaper if I had remembered to use my season pass !!

d5f8e8060852afc6bb113b67a1de01c1.jpg

And so onto the in depth review of Valhalla.......

It was shit !!

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

... but do they really evacuate from 150ft without any fall arrest harnesses?
They do, which is bizarre because if you do Walk The Big One or whatever it's called you're harnessed up as if you were climbing Everest.

It's fairly low risk from a 'sheer drop' perspective once you are out of the car , but you could easily fall forwards. The steps are so shallow it's easy to lose your footing if you're not paying attention.

Was PMBO open today @shakey

Was PMBO open today @shakey

Yes, it was on 4/5ths of a train and hardly any queue.

Icon was probably the biggest queue of the day at about 10-15 mins. Running on one 12 seat train (with enso on the back which I didnt see being used).

Even Valhalla was no more than a 10minute wait.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

I've walked down the PMBO stairs twice and was pretty uncomfortable with it despite being harnessed up. I would not enjoy an evac from up there. The angle of the lift means the stairs just don't feel natural

At Towers they made me put on a belt harness to climb down about 8 steps on Spinball's lift

I think I'd simply refuse to step out of the train until they brought me a harness!
Agreed, I would not feel safe without one from that height, and given how steep the steps are. This is coming from someone who's tripped up shallow cinema steps. 😳

It's fairly low risk from a 'sheer drop' perspective once you are out of the car , but you could easily fall forwards. The steps are so shallow it's easy to lose your footing if you're not paying attention.

I've walked down the PMBO stairs twice and was pretty uncomfortable with it despite being harnessed up. I would not enjoy an evac from up there. The angle of the lift means the stairs just don't feel natural

At Towers they made me put on a belt harness to climb down about 8 steps on Spinball's lift

Having done 'Walk The Big One' (fully harnessed / tethered to the cable that runs alongside the lift hill), I find it absurd that during an evacuation, people are expected to simply walk down those lift hill steps with no safety gear. Out of curiosity, does anyone know what is the highest point (either above ground or sea level :D) that a Big One train has been evacuated from? I remember being surprised how much I noticed the wind/cold air at just 50 feet (and that was mid July) and feeling grateful for being attached to that cable.

Compare 6 people (who have all been given a safety brief beforehand) with full safety gear, descending those lift hill steps, to up to 30 people, unexpectedly having to descend them, with no safety gear, and bearing in mind some of them are likely to be pretty freaked out by this turn of events, potentially tripping up and having a domino effect, and it's a recipe for disaster.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.