• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: 2023 Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I can remember back in the days of ticket sheets there was a very prominent ticket for a free/discounted show, we went to the magic in the horseshoe. I bought the photo from the roaming photographer.

I enjoy it every few years, esp. on a red hot weekday afternoon!
Never seen it shakey???
A free show ducked by a tyke!
Allegedly, an external audit a few years ago made it very clear the show makes a massive loss.
Not seen it busy on a matinee since the seventies, when tickets were ten bob.

It was meant to be the only part of the park that was making a loss.
Everything else was either wiping it's own bottom or actually making a bit of cash.
Rides, shops, f&b and hotels held up the single show.

But they don't really promote the matinee performance to park guests. I am pretty sure most park visitors will not be aware of the free show. They don't even have a board outside informing people about it. I am not even sure if you can just rock up or if you still need to book even though it's free ?

I don't know how long the matinee performance lasts but I am guessing it will be at least an hour out of your day. Most theme park shows or no more than 15-20mins so I think an hour is probably a bit much to take out of your day, especially if its busy on the park.
There was a board up today advertising the 2:30pm shows are free to enter and then the evening ones discounted with an e ticket.

Valhalla opened today for a couple of hours between about 1pm and 4pm but I do think If they're only going to open it for a couple of hours they really need to advertise it.

Now for my review so some spoilers potentially....

The ride is still a Soaker and is still fun however I personally think this new version is a step backwards.

Yes they spent lot of money on hardware changes etc but it's just missing it's Valhalla vibe. The new soundtrack is 💩 and i miss the coldness of the ice room and backwards drop etc.

Still a good ride but will never beat classic Valhalla from times ago.

This is the park that advertised opening times for a bar 4 months before the season started.

Didn't they used to announce when the matinee performance was about to start? (As in, over the speakers)

I'm sure these days it'll be a phone notification

Yeah was a great afternoon got on the big one and Icon quickly. Rode Ice Blast which a rarely do and Avalanche as well, noticed a 2nd train was now back in the maintenence area and was being worked on.

Also rode the grand national twice in quick succession, red train both times. Front row was fun, back row was painful.

Also rode the grand national twice in quick succession, red train both times. Front row was fun, back row was painful.

I’ve lost count of how many times this has been said, but avoid the wheel seats where possible. I did 2 rides back to back today too, rows 2 & 8, then another row 2 later. Second to back row is ace, just a couple of feet behind (and more to the point, over the wheels) is brutal. Easy to pick rows on a quiet day like today.

Also had the furthest back ride on The Big One I’ve had for a while. Mainly due to the back car or two often being sandbagged. Second row from back. Really good. Getting pulled onto the drop is awesome, and it’s relatively smooth after that. I was pleasantly surprised, as had a couple of painful rides on it recently (front/middle probably wheel seats).

I don't know what time The Valhalla actually opened but it was advertised as opening at noon today and they were still letting people join a 45-60 minute queue 15 mins before park close when we left.

I didn't ride it so no report from me. I believe @shakey is on park tomorrow. He'll be easy to spot because he will be wearing these.

I don't know what time The Valhalla actually opened but it was advertised as opening at noon today and they were still letting people join a 45-60 minute queue 15 mins before park close when we left.

I didn't ride it so no report from me. I believe @shakey is on park tomorrow. He'll be easy to spot because he will be wearing these.

Good luck @shakey last week we saw a woman place a plastic bag over each shoe in the queue line. As she was as boarding, a staff member told her to remove them, because in case of an evacuation, she may slip if walking round the building with them on. No joke. Good luck with those disposable wellies!

If you don't already have A Century of Fun it's probably the best BPB book and often sells for quite a bit more than £30.

I got my first rides of the season on Vahalla today. 4 in total. I don't know if this is common but first ride nearly all effects were working and each subsequent ride lost some. At least in relation to the fire. The time frame was literally exiting and joining the queue again so maybe 40min between rides. First ring of fire was off then third go all fire on left was off too. Though ring of fire did come back.

My advice is ride early as more effects seemed to work at beginning of day and also hardly any water in boats compared to later on

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.