• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: 2023 Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
So on Saturday I went to pleasure beach for the first time, I can safely say I've never been to a theme park with a more unique (and often painful) set of rides. I will never ride Steeplchase again, I still have bruises, that contrabtion needs binning no matter how nostalgic it might be. Grand National is in an awful state too, horid thing, get it sorted out.
Big one was shut all day but due to Blackpool pride prominard closure they gave us free return tickets for today so I popped in to do the Big One before going home. Not massivly painful, although shaking in places. It's tall and that;s about it, not really much else to say.
Disappointed not to see a wild @rob666 so he could offer me a pint or a magnum.
If you don’t mind me asking @JAperson, how did you find Icon? I loved that ride, but it doesn’t seem overly well liked overall, so I’m always interested to see how new riders find it.

So on Saturday I went to pleasure beach for the first time, I can safely say I've never been to a theme park with a more unique (and often painful) set of rides. I will never ride Steeplchase again, I still have bruises, that contrabtion needs binning no matter how nostalgic it might be. Grand National is in an awful state too, horid thing, get it sorted out.
Big one was shut all day but due to Blackpool pride prominard closure they gave us free return tickets for today so I popped in to do the Big One before going home. Not massivly painful, although shaking in places. It's tall and that;s about it, not really much else to say.
Disappointed not to see a wild @rob666 so he could offer me a pint or a magnum.
Did you do any of the dark rides, other than Valhalla?

The soaking on the final drop is I think a result of the shields being removed, which previously would have, er…. shielded you somewhat from the wave which comes in the side of the boat.

Big One was on two trains Friday, two trains on Saturday but closed I think due to wind and then on Sunday inexplicably reduced to one.

If you don’t mind me asking @JAperson, how did you find Icon? I loved that ride, but it doesn’t seem overly well liked overall, so I’m always interested to see how new riders find it.
It's a good ride, I would say it's got some good parts, some pointless parts and some boring parts. The ending zig zags are pointless, I'm just glad it's smooth or they'd be awful. The restraints are comfortable (definitely the best on park). I think overall it isn't a bad ride, just not something I'd rate particularly high. It's just inoffensive fun, not thrilling particularly but fun.
I was more talking about the others, namely W&GToM (my personal favorite), River Caves and the Ghost Train. Would be nice to get a first timer's thoughts on them!
I did River Caves, pretty cool old ride, seemed to be relitvely well taken care off which is good.

Lovely afternoon on the Beach in the sun with our Shakey.
Usual beer, coasters and chat, nice ride on Valhalla, with lots of new stuff actually working, and even the square of fire worked.
Everything had a five minute queue, no queues for beer or food, which was all cheap and very good quality...decent seafood salads and hot chicken baguettes.
Highlights of the day...
The poor young lady sat behind us on the National, back seat...bouncing round like an egg in a shoebox.
I gave her vocal comfort, "Not long now love...the worst is over".
She seemed very happy to get off.
Star highlight...the obviously Lancastrian seagull that shat on Shakey while eating a kebab on the seafront steps.
And I got my annual swim in the sea.

Edit...it was shakey, not the seagull, that was eating the kebab.

Well what a cracking day today, perfect weather, great company, a working ring of fire (no not from the kebab) and what I was told was a "lucky" deposit from a seagull.

VALHALLA

Actually saw the ring of fire twice as it is plainly visible after the first of the two big drops . I think this definitely explains the occasional tsunami you get on the last drop . It is now open space between the two parallel drops.

Only one fireball and very little steam in the ride . But lots of it outside the ride !! Hammers working , arrows sort of working. Nothing coming out of the face at the top of the first lift hill.

Did notice what look like big eyes lit up at the bottom of the small drop , where you get water chucked at you . Didn't notice that on my previous two visits.

So basically some effects working and some not . Nothing new there.

Foot covers worked a treat !!

OTHER STUFF

Loads of steam in the dinosaur section of the train. From the grass bank and the dinausaurs mouth and in the tunnel. But no music and no waterfall.

Pleasure beach is just so random at times. I think they should sell a bingo card to mark off what's working and what isn't. !!

Very quiet on park despite a few school trips. Spotted revolution with one person on it near the end of the day.

Dora back open but despite being shut for ages they still haven't fixed the spray from the elephant. But it was at least dripping out of the trunk.

1982d34773131ae7d4059d34ffe4b695.jpg

And an excellent swim from Rob at the end of the day. Almost got him as wet as Vallhalla...

7da7549dcb6d00eba19e8b1170b0d033.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I visited Friday, fairly busy esp with the school kids!

Valhalla, no fire as mentioned before, I cant remember any audio on the second part of the ride at all? And the second lift hill what's with the grim reaper on the right hand side as you approach the top?

I visited Friday, fairly busy esp with the school kids!

Valhalla, no fire as mentioned before, I cant remember any audio on the second part of the ride at all? And the second lift hill what's with the grim reaper on the right hand side as you approach the top?
There's a grim reaper on the right hand side ? Not seen that .

For your sake I hope this is confirmed by someone else or I would start worrying

There's a grim reaper on the right hand side ? Not seen that .

For your sake I hope this is confirmed by someone else or I would start worrying

Its where the skull chandelier is, its 100% on the right hand side, if im honest it looks like a cheap, plastic Halloween prop!

Its where the skull chandelier is, its 100% on the right hand side, if im honest it looks like a cheap, plastic Halloween prop!
I'm not sure if it's supposed to be the grim reeper or something else but I know which you mean. It's next to the tank for the right hand hammer.

It's where the camp site / cooking scene was in the original ride.

They know it is a crap failure, they just had to get over the reopening.
How does the CEO know it’s crap when she’ll never ride the damn thing? The management team may well be telling her everything is great and Infusion is glass smooth.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.