• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: 2023 Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
The guy asked a question. He got a rude and inappropriate response. I don't care if she's doing it for the goodness of her heart she could at least respond in a nicer manner. If you're aggressive with your customers you'll end up with no customers. If towers responded like that people would react very differently. She has no right to speak to people like that
I think you missed the sarcasm of @rob666 there !!

I am not sure the station can be described as peaceful when it plays music which is designed to raise the tension and excitement.

I don't think it's any great secret that Amanda is a few sandwiches short of a picnic !!

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

I have to say that I quite like a Mack Bobsled as well. They’re not bad little rides!

I remember Avalanche being really quite good fun when I last did it, and while Schweizer Bobbahn at Europa Park wasn’t one I enjoyed quite as much, it was still good fun.

To be honest, I’d actually say that Avalanche is my 2nd favourite Blackpool coaster behind Icon. I remember quite liking it last time!

On the subject of the news, the sign looks really nice!

Another dead holiday maker changeover day on the park. Balmoral car park ...

PXL_20230707_140445377.jpg

Best get Speedy Pass

PXL_20230707_154307051.jpg

Icon queue out of the gates. Big One way down the ramp.

Just been in the (literal) queue for our Hot Ice tickets.

I honestly don't know how they're making any money.

Re: Hot Ice pricing. As below - no distinction between season pass holders / e-ticket day visitors:

PXL_20230707_154943218.jpg

My last visit was a few weeks ago, and it was already getting busy with school trips & students. I'm glad I wasn't there on this day. I always used to presume that summer holidays were really busy, but it is actually the case that they are in fact quieter than the June to mid-July trip days?

That looks great! I have to say I love Avalanche, I just wish it was longer!

It’s a shame we never saw more Mack Bob-sleds as they really do offer a unique ride experience.
Unique is one word. Uncomfortable is another! Personally I'm not hugely surprised that wicker didn't really catch on as a track material!

Note that with the new entrance they've also extended the queue line. Again.

The ride was also on 1 train for the first few months of the season (might be back on 2 now, not sure?). This on a ride that started out with 4 trains

Note that with the new entrance they've also extended the queue line. Again.

The ride was also on 1 train for the first few months of the season (might be back on 2 now, not sure?). This on a ride that started out with 4 trains
They had two on it, had a mishap, and went back to one

Unless anything has changed since Sunday, it's been on one since

There's some temporary fencing stowed by Big One, putting two and two together, I imagine its for extending the queue

Tbh you just have to look around blackpool to see how much capacity has been lost with cost cutting….

Ghost train on 10 cars but yet it has 20 something in total,

River caves station now nearly always empty,

Rollercoaster- nic streak only has 1 train,

Big one used to have 3 trains

Avalanche used to have 4/5 trains

Valhalla used to have lots more boats

Alice used to run more cars

The list goes on …

Very true

It's either 6 or 7 boats on River Caves now, can't remember

I've noticed with Valhalla, the boats always seem to end up close together and you end up with a large gap of a good few minutes after the group

It ran 3 at one time with minimal stacking - when it was featured on Blue Peter there's a shot of a train entering the lift as the previous one is still some way off the first brakes. I'm pretty sure it couldn't ever run 4 (I'm guessing they only had that many to allow for rolling maintenance) but I think there was still a train #4 when they were last repainted, how many of them were fit for use at that point is another matter

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.