• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: 2023 Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I'm sure it used to be dyed blue, but yes currently it's not.. otherwise there'd be blue water coming out of the top of the fountain, like there used to be in the past.

It was blue before they installed the new fountain, when they had the “tipping cups” fountain installed and a penchant for colouring pretty much every fountain with blue dye.

Isn't the skull fountain blue aswell now ?

They must have bought a job lot of blue dye

Appears to be new today, PB have changed the design of their welcome email to include a 'What's on' section.
You've all seen this coming but I'm going to tell you anyway, the first section features Hot Ice.

2screencapture-mail-google-mail-u-1-2023-07-17-19_42_46.png

As an intelligent matter of organising bookings in advance, I think the park was trying to limit numbers on the park to avoid "FOUR HOUR QUEUES...ONLY GOT ON TWO RIDES ALL DAY" headlines in the Mail Online.
Season pass holders could book I think, and you could book with effort by phone, but the advice was "avoid".
Rather sensible on probably the two busiest days of the year.

Having had a sneeky peek on queue-times, the place is rammed, all the minor stuff has queues, coasters to an hour or so, two for the Big One.

Having had a sneeky peek on queue-times, the place is rammed, all the minor stuff has queues, coasters to an hour or so, two for the Big One.

I guess the school hols will be relatively quiet after the trips days - partly due to the fact that so many of them will have just been.

My youngest lad went last Weds (12 July). Their return bus left around 3:30, I know this is fairly normal for a school trip, but on my last visit a few had definitely stayed til the end. It cost £37 in advance. Said he went on about 4 rides in the time of about 5 hours he was there. I think they had fun which is the main thing, but it’s pretty atrocious value for money on a day like that when the park is rammed. Said there were loads of trips there.

I get that they are a business and want to coin it in this time of year, but they should really limit the amount of trips on any given day. It seems they do not care a jot for the actual visitor experience. All made worse by the fact that The Big One was shut all day ‘due to high winds’ and they queued 90 mins for Valhalla which then broke down before they could get on it.

I’d warned him about Avalanche & Streak queues (presuming that Avalanche is indeed still on one train), but the Revolution queue was right down the stairs and back to the Steeplechase Red Rum sign, which is a pretty clear indication that they do overbook trip days.

The schools are finishing around now anyway, so it should settle down. How busy have the last couple of Summer holiday breaks been?

Busy due to covid and foreign holiday isolation risks.
I imagine the next two weeks won't be too busy, people will wait for a sunny day.
And wait.
Looking forward to the next two Sundays on the Beach, I am in great personal need of a coaster.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.