• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: 2023 Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Review later.

Most of the effects were off, I assume. Some new bits.
Did you like it? Did you think they’ve done a good job?

Also, do the boats still fill up with water like they did before?

Review later.

Most of the effects were off, I assume. Some new bits.

Not really sure why they would want to open the ride after more than 3 years with most of the effects not working ?

If it isn't ready then don't open it. I assume they didn't open it in 2000 with half the effects off.

Typical Pleasure Beach closing the queue early as they clearly didn’t want a big queue for the end of the day. Ride was running fine with people in the station still loading into the boats.

Not really sure why they would want to open the ride after more than 3 years with most of the effects not working ?

If it isn't ready then don't open it. I assume they didn't open it in 2000 with half the effects off.
I went on it the week it first opened and loads of the advertised effects weren't working. The snow wasn't working, the water tunnel was off, the lightening wasn't working and I don't recall seeing any flames.

I get it’s technical rehearsals and not everything was supposed to be working, but honestly after being closed in 2020, 2021 AND 2022 honestly that’s ridiculous in my opinion 😂not heard the most glowing reviews so far to be honest, even though it’s still the technical rehearsals stage

Could I proudly announce that I was the first to walk out of the queue when it broke down.
Sorry Rick, even Crevettes was shut, and I missed you coming off Valhalla all soggy.
Managed to get on the first train of the day on PMBO, at 4pm!

It seems some people had a decent amount of FX working and others did not. As others have stayed online it's best waiting a few weeks unless you're desperate to ride it.

The park's description of a so-called technical rehearsal is also one that could be applied to its first 19 years of operation: closing intermitently and without everything working.

As for the "wait a few weeks" advice: where's the evidence to suggest that it will be better by any given point in time?

Tom, you were mentioned in the Valhalla queue as we shuffled slowly forward, and I suggested a smug comment to you.
Then the queue stopped!
That'll teach me.
Oh well, the beer and company was good.
At least I managed to get a couple of coasters in, and it stayed dry.
The additional "queue to get in the queue" after the breakdown did not get to ride, so my extra pint was a wise choice.

• Haha
Reactions: Tom
Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.