• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: 2023 Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I've got myself sorted for my next trip and Valhalla attempt.

7f06c9d69a83ac4b391b0fabb79ae625.jpg

From: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Disposable-Waterproof-Overshoes-Plastic-Protector/dp/B09YHJ6MPT/ref=asc_df_B09YHJ6MPT/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=606788893630&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=9446057360939366370&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1007258&hvtargid=pla-1693663841169&psc=1

Will let you know if they work !!

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk[/size]

The only exception made is for large plush prizes. You can ride but your Pikachu cannot.

It's done in a very Pleasure Beach way ... Actual quote from an op last week to a lady who asked if she could leave her phone (shouted across the conveyor) "LOOK LOVE, IF I LOOK AFTER YOUR PHONE, I'D HAVE TO LOOK AFTER EVERYONE ELSE'S AS WELL. I BARELY USE MY OWN, I DON'T NEED 70 OF THEM".

* Read it in a Peter Kay as Max voice

As if they’d be running enough boats to have 70 people on the ride at once…

After yesterday's disaster, I headed back today with the grumpy teenager and it was night and day. We managed eight, maybe nine rides through Valhalla, without a single breakdown or evac and lots of new bits to see, as detailed below.

• General audio - there is so much additional audio, it's not always easy to hear the voiceovers, but it's definitely being tweaked. It's certainly feeling more 'complete'.
  • First scene with warrior (He-Man) and the lamp, maybe it was always there but the happy/smiley dog that sat in front of the wolves is there now, but is static - it may have been there all along, perhaps I haven't noticed.
  • The new 'thing' at the top of lift one is now lit much better and shoots smoke out of its mouth high above your head - if I was going to be picky it's almost too effective and it's quite hard to see the face when it lights up because the smoke doesn't dissipate.
  • There is some new audio in this section that mentions 'Valhalla' but not sure exactly what it says - need to be louder.
  • The turnable seems to be running more reliably, there is now heavy fog hanging which looks very cool.
  • The audio that tells you to turn around is much louder, the red eyes coming from the skull cut through the fog and then there is a big flash followed by UV and there are various details in that space - like the Alty Mans preshow themed queue.
  • The ice room is supposed to have a mobile DJ snow machine now - I've seen it once, but not today
  • The vortex was running brilliantly with the subsequent waterfall and blasts working perfectly.
  • There is additional audio on lift 2 - I believe there is some new lighting here, but wasn't doing anything today - however there is a strobe in the gap between this lift and the drops - I am not sure what it's supposed to be doing, but if it times right, it does have some effect on the lift.
  • New lighting upstairs, using a Gobo or similar shining on the dreaded corner at the top of lift 2.
  • Hammers were working on every ride and provided a soaking.
  • The audio for the bells scene post the rolling log (working) and the flaming arrows (not working) was much louder.
  • The new scene on Tesla coil corner was working more than it had previously with some of the figures lunging forward - it's very effective.
  • Ride system - it seemed to be stopping for 0.5 a second at each block on some rides, I have known it do this before - but not sure why.
Well ... they have retained more fire than I had previously realised ...
  • Some of our rides had zero fire
  • Later in the day it started coming together - but rarely all at the same time
  • The ring of fire (with flames either side of the trough and above) at the bottom of the camelback worked on 2 rides- but no flames in the trough - I was almost certain this effect would have been removed.
  • The flickers on the drop 3 run out (in front of the main blasts - which weren't working) were burning and looked cool (on some rides, not all)
  • The flickers on the right hand side on the final turn worked, but no blast.
  • The flickers on the wrecked longboat worked on some rides, but no blast.

@Coaster - does that line up with your experience today ? I saw you in the queue and nearly said hello but was trying to convince the child that we should go again, much to his chagrin.

@Coaster - does that line up with your experience today ? I saw you in the queue and nearly said hello but was trying to convince the child that we should go again, much to his chagrin.

Sounds like when me and @MattyH accidentally kidnapped 2 Polish children to get the Zyklon Galaxi at Legendia as it required 3 people to dispatch. The op basically made them stay on after their ride with Matt so I could get a ride.

After yesterday's disaster, I headed back today with the grumpy teenager and it was night and day. We managed eight, maybe nine rides through Valhalla, without a single breakdown or evac and lots of new bits to see, as detailed below.

• General audio - there is so much additional audio, it's not always easy to hear the voiceovers, but it's definitely being tweaked. It's certainly feeling more 'complete'.
  • First scene with warrior (He-Man) and the lamp, maybe it was always there but the happy/smiley dog that sat in front of the wolves is there now, but is static - it may have been there all along, perhaps I haven't noticed.
  • The new 'thing' at the top of lift one is now lit much better and shoots smoke out of its mouth high above your head - if I was going to be picky it's almost too effective and it's quite hard to see the face when it lights up because the smoke doesn't dissipate.
  • There is some new audio in this section that mentions 'Valhalla' but not sure exactly what it says - need to be louder.
  • The turnable seems to be running more reliably, there is now heavy fog hanging which looks very cool.
  • The audio that tells you to turn around is much louder, the red eyes coming from the skull cut through the fog and then there is a big flash followed by UV and there are various details in that space - like the Alty Mans preshow themed queue.
  • The ice room is supposed to have a mobile DJ snow machine now - I've seen it once, but not today
  • The vortex was running brilliantly with the subsequent waterfall and blasts working perfectly.
  • There is additional audio on lift 2 - I believe there is some new lighting here, but wasn't doing anything today - however there is a strobe in the gap between this lift and the drops - I am not sure what it's supposed to be doing, but if it times right, it does have some effect on the lift.
  • New lighting upstairs, using a Gobo or similar shining on the dreaded corner at the top of lift 2.
  • Hammers were working on every ride and provided a soaking.
  • The audio for the bells scene post the rolling log (working) and the flaming arrows (not working) was much louder.
  • The new scene on Tesla coil corner was working more than it had previously with some of the figures lunging forward - it's very effective.
  • Ride system - it seemed to be stopping for 0.5 a second at each block on some rides, I have known it do this before - but not sure why.
Well ... they have retained more fire than I had previously realised ...
  • Some of our rides had zero fire
  • Later in the day it started coming together - but rarely all at the same time
  • The ring of fire (with flames either side of the trough and above) at the bottom of the camelback worked on 2 rides- but no flames in the trough - I was almost certain this effect would have been removed.
  • The flickers on the drop 3 run out (in front of the main blasts - which weren't working) were burning and looked cool (on some rides, not all)
  • The flickers on the right hand side on the final turn worked, but no blast.
  • The flickers on the wrecked longboat worked on some rides, but no blast.

It was brilliant today!

We saw the ring of fire from elsewhere in the ride, but didn't see it when we were on the drop itself - but I'm so glad it's still there!

Got to ride Valhalla a few times yesterday.

Very hard to explain what's going on with it.

It's like...they've taken end-of-life battered and broken Valhalla as their understanding of what Prime Valhalla 1.0 is, and tried to refurbish to, and reimagine around, that standard. Does that make sense? "It's Valhalla on a bad day, but even more so!" - polishing a turd isn't quite right, or fair. But it's close.

I am glad the wetness hasn't been reduced though, it's still as insane as ever. My 10 year old niece was hit with a wave of water so hard she got thrown into me. On our ride photo, it looks like we rode with 5 red and blue lumpy spheres as everyone had totally cocooned themselves in their ponchos. It's like being in a water fight without your own bucket, and I love it for that.

Told you it wasn’t safe! I’ve never seen any ride evacuated like that, also was his filming off his phone? If so that is a definite safety breach!
Crazy to make people walk down like that with no PPE.
I think a claim for breaching health and safety should be looked into... thst's disgusting.
For anybody who's interested, I enquired with the Health & Safety Executive if evacuating the Big One without fall-arrest equipment would be acceptable. They confirmed it was fine as long as Pleasure Beach's risk assessments showed the risk of falling was being controlled in other ways.

Climbing out of the right seat on the train is the most dangerous part. Stairs aren't great but the risk of falling is minimal

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.