• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: 2023 Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
If I hadn't seen pictures of it I'd never have believed it existed. I've NEVER seen it on any of my rides in 20+ years, possibly due to taking evasive action due to the imminent soaking. I'm yet to ride since it reopened though

Saw it occasionally in the past, seen it a couple of times in the new version.
It remains a mediocre flume in a shed.
The old one was better.

I've also probably done around 50 rides this season, and I haven't seen the ring of fire myself. I've seen the fire effects at the end, but it's rare that works properly either. Seen it in a dodgy POV from this year, but I also noticed hardly anything else was working in the same video.

The station mist is rarely on these days, and in some off peak days I've seen the ride open with the waterfall off

Just recalled a hidden memory of a great BPB attraction.

Went to Blackpool for someone's 18th birthday in the late 00s with non-enthusiasts. I'd never been to BPB so convinced everyone to go there on the Sunday whilst hungover. I think we paid £10 each to go on the Big One and then went to leave the park, but we went on the bumper boats on the way out.

It was great fun, we were splashing each other and generally being idiots on these small, spinning boats. The ride op was great and further encouraging our stupidity. A great advert for getting rid of pay per ride and keeping us yobs out!

I assume these closed around the same time as the log flume? A shame as it was a rare quirky ride.

Found some footage on YouTube...

Think the bumper boats were operated til around 2014/2015. Think the Tom Sawyer bridge was removed and the lake drained with the new bridge built for the start of the 2016 season.

The Swamp Buggies were ace! I think I only went on once or twice but I wish I had done more. I’d honestly rather still have Log Flume & Swamp Buggies and/or Tom Sawyer Raft Ride than Icon.
Sadly there have been so many ride removals since the turn of the century.

I think 2000 was probably the peak of pleasure beaches ride line up.

Todays park only has 4 non kiddie attractions that weren't there in 2000. Infusion, Sky Force, Airbender and Icon. (I am not counting W&G as that was just a retheme of gold mine). And Infusion was already owned by the park so you could argue it's only got 3 brand new attractions compared to 2000.

But well over a dozen rides have been removed in that same time frame, including some absolute classics.

The park continues to go down hill and has been doing so gradually for over 20years.

I really hope it bottoms out soon and starts going in the other direction. It really can't afford to get much worse.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

So a cracking jolly boys weekend at pleasure beach with @rob666 , @Rick , @Dipper_Dave and @MathewLancaster

I managed to make it to Blackpool Parkrun in the morning before heading to the pleasure beach.

PB was reasonably busy on Saturday for the time of year (probably down to the good weather), but no big queues .

Unfortunately @rob666 wasn't feeling too good so had to go home on the Saturday - Get well soon Rob.

Sunday was dead and miserable weather, and so quiet we were invited to stay on Valhalla for another lap (Declined !!)

Full fire effects working , which was good. No hammers and a couple of other effects out but overall not bad for the end of the season. Even the dogs were barking.

No real complaints other than dipper being on one train on the Saturday when it maybe should have been on two.

Congratulations to the new Blackpool Pleasure Beach board game champion - @Rick , after winning 3 of the 4 games.

I managed to puke in exactly the same spot, eleven days apart.
My wife advises I might be getting too old for this game.
She is also disappointed that nobody caught me puking on camera.
Sorry it was so brief, better luck next year.

Last edited:
Think the bumper boats were operated til around 2014/2015. Think the Tom Sawyer bridge was removed and the lake drained with the new bridge built for the start of the 2016 season.
My first visit to BPB was in 2012 and it was already removed then, although the lighthouse operator booth was still there.

Hi guys. Going to BPB at the weekend with some friends who have never been before. They are on the larger side shall we say, so does anyone know which are the best seats to head for on Icon? I’ve seen the staff moving people about before when they haven’t been able to fit and then they got on in a different seat. But I never saw/can’t remember where they moved them to? Just wanna try and avoid a walk of shame and also not hold people up by going for the right seats from the get go 👍 Thanks.

Hi guys. Going to BPB at the weekend with some friends who have never been before. They are on the larger side shall we say, so does anyone know which are the best seats to head for on Icon? I’ve seen the staff moving people about before when they haven’t been able to fit and then they got on in a different seat. But I never saw/can’t remember where they moved them to? Just wanna try and avoid a walk of shame and also not hold people up by going for the right seats from the get go Thanks.
Back row for the big boy seats.

Back row for the big boy seats.

Thank you. Do u know if that includes the Enso train? Cause they took the back row out so did they move the big boy seats to the row in front of Enso? Or did they just scrap them? Cheers.

Thank you. Do u know if that includes the Enso train? Cause they took the back row out so did they move the big boy seats to the row in front of Enso? Or did they just scrap them? Cheers.
It does not include the Enso train. So if it's on 2 trains, every other train has the big seats. If it's only running the Enso train then there are no big seats.

Thinking about taking my daughter next Sunday, think it's the last day it's open. The times say 11am to 5pm, so not open to long, will it be busy? Never been this time of year.

Thanks

Last weekend was dry and quite busy, and next weekend's forecast is similar, but it is easy to get round everything that is actually open.
About a dozen smaller attractions now closed, and the Big One is now gone for the season too.
Kids rides, and skyforce if our Rick is in the queue, close at 4 as well.
Still a fun day out for the money, most queues were around ten minutes, quite a few walk ons.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.