• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: 2024 Discussion

Must have been sat on a wheel seat on Grand National, it's usually smooth
Even if that statement is true. It still means 66% of the time it's not smooth. Or even close to smooth.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Had my first trip here in 6 years today. Bit of a mixed bag.

Big disappointment for the park to open at 10, but most rides not open till 10:30. Stood in the Icon queue by the shop, around about 10:15 and look around; nothings running or testing. Bit of a poor start to the day.

Finally got to experience Icon; good fun and enjoyed it and a good addition to the park, but is it near my top rated coasters? Not by a long shot.

Also rode the reimagined Valhalla. What a huge disappointment that is. Entire ride practically in darkness, no effects and no fire. Miss the old soundtrack, and just to top it all off, had a breakdown before the 2nd drop.

In terms of the Pleasure Beach as a whole, nothing that's been said on here I disagreed with really; from poor and rude staff, to weird branding and they don't know where or who their business is for. A weird mix between seaside resort tackiness and trying to present themselves as "posh" (sorry, cant thunk of a better word to describe it; such as a lot of staff in tie, shirt and blazer which just doesn't fit the whole seaside vibe)

And finally my only other gripe; e-tickets. What idiot thought they'd be a good idea to scan on every ride? Utterly ludicrous.

But apart from that, great to get back on all the old classics again. From the roughness of the Grand National (never change you saucy minx), to the dark ride thrills of Wallace.