• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: 2024 Discussion

Those pants are a bit crude, but they aren't exactly 'over the top'. They are a bit of fun, and they will sell and sell well. They have also sparked a good amount of conversation. Personally, I think it is a bit of a genius move from their retail team.

Personally I couldn’t care less about the message on the pants, it’s exactly the kind of thing you would expect in the British Seaside gift shop.

The confusion for me is that it is part of a wider problem at the Pleasure Beach in terms of the brand and what they do or don’t want to be.

Do they want to lean in to the ‘British Seaside’ slightly tacky but potentially retro vibe of cheeky merchandise, donkeys on the beach, sticks of rock etc. Or do they want to pull away from that in a ‘Pleasure Beach Resort, Pleasure Beach Lancashire’ clean lines, fancy fountains kind of way?

Right now it’s a mix of everything and it makes it a mess. What image does this business want to portray? Who are they trying to attract? Who is their ideal target customer? Right now I have no idea.

Na, it is the seaside, and they can "project" to all markets...but they need the product to cater for all markets, simple.
And a lot of posh punters love a dodgy Blackpool present.
I saw more pink sugar ice willies on posh sideboards when they first came out than in the lesser houses.
Absolute mega fashion they were, honestly.
More popular than Sunny D.

Had my first trip here in 6 years today. Bit of a mixed bag.

Big disappointment for the park to open at 10, but most rides not open till 10:30. Stood in the Icon queue by the shop, around about 10:15 and look around; nothings running or testing. Bit of a poor start to the day.

Finally got to experience Icon; good fun and enjoyed it and a good addition to the park, but is it near my top rated coasters? Not by a long shot.

Also rode the reimagined Valhalla. What a huge disappointment that is. Entire ride practically in darkness, no effects and no fire. Miss the old soundtrack, and just to top it all off, had a breakdown before the 2nd drop.

In terms of the Pleasure Beach as a whole, nothing that's been said on here I disagreed with really; from poor and rude staff, to weird branding and they don't know where or who their business is for. A weird mix between seaside resort tackiness and trying to present themselves as "posh" (sorry, cant thunk of a better word to describe it; such as a lot of staff in tie, shirt and blazer which just doesn't fit the whole seaside vibe)

And finally my only other gripe; e-tickets. What idiot thought they'd be a good idea to scan on every ride? Utterly ludicrous.

But apart from that, great to get back on all the old classics again. From the roughness of the Grand National (never change you saucy minx), to the dark ride thrills of Wallace.
How do you want the staff to dress? Lol it's a business they've gotta look presentable. They would've dressed in a shirt, tie and blazer 30,40 years ago

They used to wear boiler suits, or previously plain staff uniforms.
Don't recall any staff in posh suits in the past.
No blazers in the past, apart from a few admissions staff.

Blackpool are now encouraging us to “wave the chequered flag for the final time” at 9am tomorrow:

Could this be something to do with the Grand Prix closing event they promised a little while back?

With so much excitement going around the UK theme park industry at the moment, as harsh as it sounds I could not care less about Pleasure Beach *resort* right now lol
Either it'll kick then into gear a bit, or they'll fade away quietly. If they don't do something to make some noise in the face of the inevitable (if Universal goes ahead) Merlin and Universal arms race then I think they could go extinct if they don't change their ways.