• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: 2024 Discussion

Blackpool are now encouraging us to “wave the chequered flag for the final time” at 9am tomorrow:

Could this be something to do with the Grand Prix closing event they promised a little while back?

Surely (hopefully) related to a new ride. If GP will be given any kind of send off with final rides, I’d like to think they’d at least announce it in good time so people can make plans. Not holding my breath though

Edit: Whoops, just noticed the ‘final time’ bit. Surely Grand Prix related then. Whilst it’s not a patch on the old petrol car ‘Turnpike’, and the throughput is crap, I’d be sad to see it go. The track spiral is ace. It had better be something good if it gets replaced, just like how the Wild Mouse was replaced by, er, a bar that’s hardly ever open

What are we betting then? £15 evening with a drink, a cake, speech and possibly a walkaround?

(as I know certain people read this forum, please can you hide that DMX cable in Ghost Train, in the doll scene, cheers)
also whilst I remember, thanks to whoever did this!

Blackpool are now encouraging us to “wave the chequered flag for the final time” at 9am tomorrow:

Could this be something to do with the Grand Prix closing event they promised a little while back?

Let me get this straight. They're possibly holding a last ride event for the Grand Prix? Where the hell was that for the Wild Mouse?

I doubt there is much danger of anyone attempting to apply for listed status for the Grand Prix, so they don’t have to be so cloak and dagger.

It’s comparing apples with oranges.
Someone had already applied for wild mouse listed status well before it was demolished and it was declined on the grounds that it had been modified .

So I don't think the park had to worry about wild mouse being listed either. They were probably more worried about protests and people handcuffing themselves to the ride.

Can't see anyone chaining themselves to Grand Prix.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Someone had already applied for wild mouse listed status well before it was demolished and it was declined on the grounds that it had been modified .

So I don't think the park had to worry about wild mouse being listed either. They were probably more worried about protests and people handcuffing themselves to the ride.

Can't see anyone chaining themselves to Grand Prix.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
Or topping themselves, if I remember correctly.

£50 to ride Grand Prix again before it closes. Absolute joke, what a disgrace. Just open it for a few more weeks to let people ride it for what they’ve already paid. Sorry, but I call BS on this. The park should be ashamed of this. It looks like the rest of the park will be shut. £50 for a ride, some live entertainment and a certificate. Utter nonsense.