• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: 2024 Discussion

This led me to ridetimes, you naughty person...
Yup, two hours, mainly because most of the other rides seem to be closed, including skyforce, rev, steeplechase, dodgems, avalanche and flyer, on top of the usual stuff.
Bit poor for the schoolkids, hours queue for Icon, or two for the Big One.
All the woodies are on ten minutes though, no taste schoolkids.

This is what you get when there's nobody yelling to get the bloody things open.

Keeping it on one train while everything else is closed, means everyone is stuck in the queue and not sacking it off to go the velvet, nobody is thinking on Amanda's level

Possibly, but I doubt it on a school trip. I can’t see swathes of school kids leaving the park to eat at Spoons. They’ll just be out of the door of Burger King instead!

IF the Big One second train is serviceable, it’s really poor for it to be on one train on a busy trip day with several rides shut.

Lift Hills and Thrills showcasing some nice Big One 30th Anniversary merch in his latest video today, however he speaks of hearing about 3 ride manufacturers on the park recently in discussion and he says he is certain there is a new coaster going on the Grand Prix site but that it isn't a height record ride as well as stating he has seen one manufacturer's coaster sales person on the park but that this manufacturer is apparently now not in contention as the park seems to have pivoted ideas.

He also speaks about The Globe Theatre potentially being removed for maybe another hotel too near the park entrance as a speculative replacement.

If there is a new coaster going on the GP site, then perhaps Ice Blast does get repaired with the new freespin carriages, or it is removed and replaced with this even bigger ride they teased on the van at Thorpe which can only be a drop tower IMO.

Apparently we will get news soon on said new ride.

Can't tell what is clickbait BS or not. Thoughts?

The park have(/had?) a planning application to build holiday lets along Ocean Boulevard. Whilst I'm not sure it's strictly necessary, that would be the first development I'd expect them to actually start.

Back in the land of fantasy, I'd like to see the FY4 containers moved over to the Trauma Towers site, and flatten the entirety of the row, starting with Impossible and carrying on through to Planet Rock. Should open plenty of space to develop. I'd suggest dumping the car park too, but I can't imagine that going anywhere.

If the Globe goes, I'd be expecting another fountain at best to be honest. Can't see anything more substantial on that site personally, although I'd love to see an improved park entrance/ticket sales/whatever else

I've often wondered how long the building has left over Watson Rd/Infusion entrance. Won't be easy to do anything with that, and I find it stands out now, let alone if they redevelop anything surrounding it

I’m heading on Saturday for my first visit in years!

Concerned from looking at the app today at 120 minute and 60+ minute waits for the big one and icon. Also there were multiple ‘big’ rides closed? Can anyone confirm if they were actually closed? Will it be ‘that’ busy on Saturday?

Thanks in advance :)

Went for a couple of hours this afternoon - park fairly busy with school trips, Icon queue to the top of the stairs (the entrance doorway/portal thing), but short queues on the woodies. I was shocked to see the Big One running two full trains, with the queue back to roughly the scanner so only a couple of train wait.

I had gone into the 2 hour free parking on the roadside by the golf, expecting to leave frustrated at the queues. Instead I had a great time and was annoyed that I had to leave an hour before park close!

Also shout out for the chicken strips at the fountain, they are so tasty and made fresh, £8.05 for 5 with chips and a drink (£8.95 without pass discount). It did feel a little odd sitting by the fountain on a summers day without the PSSSSSSHHHHHHH noises coming from Ice Blast :(

Photo evidence as 2 trains seems to be a rare thing these days:

IMG_2626.jpeg

That looks like pretty good operations on 2 trains, too; from your photo, one train is well on its way up the lift hill as another is re-entering the station, which is pretty good if you ask me!

Went for a couple of hours this afternoon - park fairly busy with school trips, Icon queue to the top of the stairs (the entrance doorway/portal thing), but short queues on the woodies. I was shocked to see the Big One running two full trains, with the queue back to roughly the scanner so only a couple of train wait.

I had gone into the 2 hour free parking on the roadside by the golf, expecting to leave frustrated at the queues. Instead I had a great time and was annoyed that I had to leave an hour before park close!

Also shout out for the chicken strips at the fountain, they are so tasty and made fresh, £8.05 for 5 with chips and a drink (£8.95 without pass discount). It did feel a little odd sitting by the fountain on a summers day without the PSSSSSSHHHHHHH noises coming from Ice Blast :(

Photo evidence as 2 trains seems to be a rare thing these days:

IMG_2626.jpeg

A couple of years ago a two train big one service was promised on certain days (weather permitting) for school trips.
Avoid the place at all costs until august!
Not just me that does the two hour parking then!

Pleasure beach need to get rid of Mandy and her hot ice shows and then maybe the park might make a profit.Free entry is needed to get it on its way to actually add new rides because the world has moved on but when will pleasure beach