• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: 2024 Discussion

Two rollercoasters (Big Dipper and Grand National) at the park have been given "ACE landmark status" (whatever that is).
They literally tore down one of the few Original wild mouse (I think unique track at BPB) when no-one was looking,. I cried when I heard the news, almost as much as when I was in pain riding it 😁

At least they demolished it. Normally attractions that aren't profitable normally have fire break out...... 🤯

The mouse wasn't listed because it was relatively new, and major alterations had been made during its lifetime.
People were looking, people had been aware of the impending closure for about five years, but she, not they, had it knocked down, as people were still looking!
Pretty much uninsurable after the last couple of incidents, despite additional safety systems.

Posted on the Liseburg thread but with a Blackpool Pleasure Beach season pass you are supposed to get 1 free entry to 6 European parks. Did it in 2023 no problem but this time at Liseburg refused to give me a wristband so I had to pay 520 SEK for the rides which clearly isn't the intension of the deal since all other parks on the list done use wristbands. They argued Pleasure Beach website only says entry so perhaps its a bit ambiguous as its written in the context of entry tickets but perhaps some clarification on their website as I only traveled to Liseburg as i expected free entry and wristband because I had a blackpool pleasure beach season pass

Posted on the Liseburg thread but with a Blackpool Pleasure Beach season pass you are supposed to get 1 free entry to 6 European parks. Did it in 2023 no problem but this time at Liseburg refused to give me a wristband so I had to pay 520 SEK for the rides which clearly isn't the intension of the deal since all other parks on the list done use wristbands. They argued Pleasure Beach website only says entry so perhaps its a bit ambiguous as its written in the context of entry tickets but perhaps some clarification on their website as I only traveled to Liseburg as i expected free entry and wristband because I had a blackpool pleasure beach season pass

This sounds like whoever you were dealing with at Liseberg being a bit of jobsworth. I’d write a letter and complain as it’s clearly meant to include entry and a wristband.

received_929787852242053.jpeg

Just been sent this by a friend visiting the park today, seems like they might be using parts of the purple train to keep the other trains running on the grand national.

Was thinking and I can't remember the last time I saw it running 4 trains.

I think this has slipped under the radar a bit - Dodgems hasn't opened for about a month now. Unsure of the reason

Gallopers has been opening for 2 hours each day (from roughly midday). Eddie Stobart seems to run for around an hour or so, if that. No sign of any movement on the Thompson carousel or Alpine Rallye.

In more positive news, the music on PB Express is working again, and the long-broken TV at the end of Wallace & Gromit has been replaced

They have to do something...when you look at ridetimes, ignoring Nickland, which is dead in termtime...the park simply has more rides closed than open.
Disgraceful situation on what has always been one of the busiest weeks of the year.
The speed that this driverless truck heads towards the brick wall is really getting amusing.

received_929787852242053.jpeg

Just been sent this by a friend visiting the park today, seems like they might be using parts of the purple train to keep the other trains running on the grand national.

Was thinking and I can't remember the last time I saw it running 4 trains.
This is awful and another sign that PB are losing it.

Go back 5 or so years and they'd always have more trains built up than needed; 3 on Big One and Avalanche and 2 on Streak. Now they only have 2 for each (1 for Streak).

They're going for the bare bones approach which means less trains available and more downtime.

Grand National never running 4 trains anymore is terrible service, that queue is so painful if it's onto the steps.

Last edited:
I always wonder why UK theme parks charge so little for entry, and then often under-staff them (not running all trains, suboptimal loading/unloading). Entry to most UK parks only slightly more expensive than parking at many US theme parks!