• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: 2024 Discussion

Correct me if I’m wrong, but a quick google suggests an Intamin gyro swing costs about $7.5m.

If this is the case, do we think BPB would leave it at that, or could they still go out and do something else?

It’d be a great step forward, but there’s a heck of a lot of wasteland at the park that needs filling…

Correct me if I’m wrong, but a quick google suggests an Intamin gyro swing costs about $7.5m.

If this is the case, do we think BPB would leave it at that, or could they still go out and do something else?

It’d be a great step forward, but there’s a heck of a lot of wasteland at the park that needs filling…
If, as speculated, this is indeed replacing Ice Blast, then something else is planned for the Grand Prix plot of land. When the rumours regarding Ice Blast and Grand Prix started circulating, it also included the rumour that Avalanche was going to be removed in the not too distant future, so that whole space would be a good spot for a decent sized new coaster.

Last edited:
Classic copy & paste fail from BPB’s website about tomorrows night riding:

“Please note that some rides will close earlier than scheduled on these dates due to the firework safety exclusion zone.

These rides include; ICON, Sky Force, Big One, Eddie Stobart, Veteran Carousel, Alpine Rallye, Avalanche, Steeplechase, Big Dipper and PB Express, Infusion, Grand Prix and Bradley & Bella’s Garden.”

Grand Prix doesn’t even exist!

Are people more excited about the notion of the park getting a new ride than the ride itself? A gyro swing seems fairly generic, there are plenty of them or the pendulum versions in the UK already…

A gyro swing is exactly what the park needs short term. They don't have a single thrilling flat ride, which is quite amazing when you think about it. It won't solve all of PB problems but it will give people a reason to visit.

I just hope it's in place for sometime next season it been far to long getting something new at PB. The new coaster is a few years off at the moment.

Are people more excited about the notion of the park getting a new ride than the ride itself? A gyro swing seems fairly generic, there are plenty of them or the pendulum versions in the UK already…
Intamin Gyro Swings are absolutely fantastic rides. If you’ve done Maelstrom then you’ll have an idea of what they are like, but the newer ones take it up a notch. They are larger, swing up to a higher angle, and crucially they have lap bars instead of over the shoulder restraints. This means that you get a wonderfully floaty ride with great airtime at the top and you feel as if you are about to invert. If Pleasure Beach got one it would instantly be the best permanent flat ride in the UK (along with potentially AT’s Top Spin).

Nope.
Swapped general free rights for a bit of the prom many years ago.
I didnt know that, was just wondering if we could see the plans to determine what model.

So can they go as big as the big one again without asking ?