• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: 2024 Discussion

The way I'd heard it was Valhalla's issue with the layout (corners too tight to get round without BUMPETY BUMP BUMP) were a case of "the customer is always right", Intamin probably pushed back but eventually just did what they were told. But that was 24 years ago so I doubt has any impact on what they are now buying.

I believe a pair of Intamin Hot Racer coasters is rumoured for the Grand Prix site, so working with Intamin on a flat is a good sign, and good business sense. Even more so if they decide to get a new drop tower further down the line - a Sky Jump would be a great standalone tower, or a couple of Giant Drop models retrofitted to
The Big One

The story goes that Geoffrey, god bless him, insisted on the Valhalla layout as-is, and specifically the corners and short run-off areas, which Intamin advised against. Obviously Valhalla opened and had innumerable issues, which then put pressure on the Intamin relationship. I don’t think BPB have bought another Intamin product since.

It’s probably not too bold an assumption to suggest that perhaps time has healed those wounds now and a lot of the staff will have also have moved on. I’m not sure I’d place too much stock on rumours for the Grand Prix site yet though.

I'd be surprised if a manufacturer hasn't been selected at this point. Rides take several years to design and install. If they haven't chosen something to go there yet you could be looking at 4 years or more before anything replaces Grand Prix.

PB is far too reactionary as it is and they knew Grand Prix was coming to an end and should have had something in mind to replace it. Parks like Paultons and Drayton have five year plans in place which is something PB should do as well.

Some potential ice blast update...

Unless they are decommissioning it..

Source UK theme parks Facebook page
Didn’t Enterprise at Towers look it was having some work done on it or being partially rebuilt after it had sat SBNO before it was scrapped (or am I misremembering it)? Perhaps the Pleasure Beach are looking at if Ice Blast can be sold on to another park somewhere?

Last edited:
It feels like the rumours of Ice Blast’s demise stretch back to before Rob’s beloved by Reel was bulldozed. I’m not convinced it’s disappearing yet. I might be wrong.

If it did go though, you’d imagine the structure itself at least is fairly easily transportable. The mechanics maybe less so.

I’m not sure what sort of market there would be for such a tower ride though, given it’s rather tall, but also probably viewed by many as pretty old technology and unremarkable.

For that site...bring back the Monster!
That was a classic, it's a shame that type of ride is no longer in fashion.

Mandy is probably stripping the copper off ice blast like they did with Grand Prix

The ‘Break Dance’ ride on South Pier is pretty similar. As far as I’m concerned, ‘spin til you spew’ rides can stay on the piers. My idea of hell.

The ‘Break Dance’ ride on South Pier is pretty similar. As far as I’m concerned, ‘spin til you spew’ rides can stay on the piers. My idea of hell.
Could think of few rides more amusing to share with you dippy...
Much better than a Breakdance, you got up and down as well.
Monster, Reel, Funhouse, Cableway and speedboats...all good stuff.
What happened there then?
North park died.