• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: 2024 Discussion

When was the last piece of major investment before Icon?

Between Valhalla and Icon you had, in 17 years, the KumbaKification of Nash, an SLC they salvaged from Southport plonked on the site of a well loved log flume, a Zierer Star Shape that’s no longer there, a jazzed up kids area with the ugliest painted woodie most of us have ever seen in the form of Nick Streak, and a reskin of the Gold Mine. Plus the death of the aforementioned rodent.

Let me know if I’m missing anything.

When was the last piece of major investment before Icon?

Between Valhalla and Icon you had, in 17 years, the KumbaKification of Nash, an SLC they salvaged from Southport plonked on the site of a well loved log flume, a Zierer Star Shape that’s no longer there, a jazzed up kids area with the ugliest painted woodie most of us have ever seen in the form of Nick Streak, and a reskin of the Gold Mine. Plus the death of the aforementioned rodent.

Let me know if I’m missing anything.
Skyforce.

They have the data now with all the scanning going on, and will have concluded that most pass holders are ultra-extreme-obsessive in visits. Increasing to £400 would probably survive a stress test. Double down on your most dedicated customer. Merlin could do the same with the Premium and Gold passes.

Pleasurebeech were always getting new rides on a fairly regular basis right up to the 90s. If you watch the history of Pleasurebeech by Coaster dad on YouTube you actually realise how frequently they used to refresh Thier lineup. Eight years with no new rides is crap. If you expect guests to pay more for tickets and season passes you need new experiences to justify price hikes.

the spring / summer passes have been reduced for next year to £85 from 99 this year. For anyone visiting 3 times or more these are worth the money plus you get all usual pass discounts. The summer pass is probably best for value with 6 late nights advertised for in July / August next year ( 4 with fireworks 2 without- 1 more than this year). Plus even visiting a couple of times on top outside of one these would still be a saving compared to the platinum pass. . Personally I think they should introduced another tier of annual pass without European parks and with some exclusion dates as a cheaper full season offer compared to the platinum pass

According to ridetimes, where i never, ever go, nearly all the rides at Blackpool are closed, outside nickland, seven rides are open, nineteen rides are closed!
Completely completely unacceptable.

Towers ops today are pretty poor, but the Beach are a complete farce.

Can't wait to get a season pass next year and bitch first hand.

Certainly for a few years. There are a few people here who have got the passes just for the free European park visits.
I'm right in thinking you can visit each one once, aren't I? I mean I know this is a price hike, but even if you visit a couple of them it still proves decent value right? Other than MAP do any other parks do multi park passes?

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

You can get a Plopsa pass valid at all their parks, though I'm not sure how many of them you'd realistically want to visit. Further afield, I am currently a Cedar Fair pass holder after visiting 5 of their parks over summer.

Many of us have used EP passes for a free wristband at BPB

If the Gyro Swing doesn't open next year we are looking at at least eight years without a single new ride which is utterly ridiculous for a park like PB. Add in several ride removals and how does this season pass represent value for money?
Are you forgetting, the loan that was supposed to be for the gyro swing has already been paid off.
So there is no guarantee that its actually ever going to happen.
Unless of course they've had such a good season they were able to pay for the ride without the loan

If you're able to get to them the partner parks do allow you to make some good savings. I've saved €100 on trips to Emerald Park and Europa this year. I paid €29 (a coaster club discount) for Tripsdrill this year and the 2024 on the day price is €44.
Hoping I can sort a trip to Winter Efteling as well.