• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: 2024 Discussion

So more platforms now added... what do we think ?

Full refurbishment?

Ready for removal in closed season ?

Picture sourced from your experience guide.
Don't quote me on this as I have to keep my sources a secret. But I've spoken to a park insider and they've told me Ice Blast WILL re-open for the 2025 season but with a new twist. It's going to be the world's first and tallest S&S compressed air launch water fountain.

They have been running 2-4-1 on Mondays & Fridays every week for locals. There’s usually a 2-4-1 locals discount on certain days each year. Guessing they have just extended the offer to everyone for the final Friday to have a final push for sales. There’s no matinee show Friday as matinees only run Wed/Sat out of the main school holiday weeks. But the Friday evening show looks pretty decent to me with about 500 seats sold so far and many will have been booked by non locals and before the 2-4-1 offer was expanded. With the size of the venue in terms of number of seats -1800 it’s easy to make it sound bad with a percentage. 900 seats sold would still only be 50%. In terms of income you have to remember it’s not just ticket sales but secondary spend on drinks, programmes , dvds, merch etc and also indirect spend from hotel package stays and/ or show and dine packages. IMG_8878.jpeg

...but these are the final, peak days, attendance increased by Scotish half term in many areas...and an Illuminations weekend.
Many season pass holders get in for free, and lots of seats not available does not mean seats actually sold for this weekend, Mandy gives lots away for first and last weekends to make the place look full.
I know, I have received such tickets.
500 seats (used, not necessarily sold) out of 1800, on a very peak weekend, does not make a successful operation, not with a cast, staff and stage crew of near a hundred.
With what looks like the mandy block booking of the best seats.

The show makes a massive loss.
Repeated reports over the decades, it has lost money since the seventies, I have attended every decade, and the "theatre" has never been more than 20% full on my visits.
The expensive, experienced consultants made the losses very plain, allegedly, repeatedly.
But you know who knows best, and ignored the paid, expensive, professional advice of experts, because it is her sandpit, and hers alone.
Nobody tells her what to do.

I won't be renewing at £225, will wait and see if any limited time sales or renewal discounts are offered.

I would expect some offers if other years are anything to go by. If you factor in the headline price was £189 for 2024 and the offers were around £129, then that could indicate about £150 at best for 2025, which will probably be low enough for me.

But it's strange they haven't gone early with the offers like past years. Hope that's not an omen they are not running offers this time round.

When booking park tickets a few weeks ago I found it a little sneaky that they offer the pre booked price up until 9am on the day of the visit, but booking that morning at 8am on the day of the visit, we were charging an extra 7 or 8 quid than the day before. Very Pleasure Beach that.

There’s no value in a Blackpool pass for £199. For comparison, an EP ResortPass Silver is €265 and they’re known for not being cheap. Hell, it’s only £40 cheaper than a gold MAP at normal price!

Nobody is buying one for that.

£199 only represents good value for money for very local people, or mega nerds. If you’re both, and visit frequently, I guess it’s still reasonable.

For anyone with travel involved, factoring in fuel, food & drink, etc, it’s becoming stupidly expensive now. They will lose out on merch / secondary spend from those who simply can’t justify £199 to ride some rollercoasters.

I suspect a big backlash and rightly so. At the end of the day people will vote with their wallets. We have about 3 weeks before this joke of an offer expires, then it becomes £225. Maybe the best we can hope for is for the owner to panic in a months time when not many people renew, and offer a Black Friday, Xmas etc discount.

As much as I love the place, a £10 or £20 renewal increase is to be expected, but £70 in one go is absolutely farcical. I very much doubt I will renew at this price.

It's a 100% price increase on just 2 years ago, and another £70 increase on top of last year's.

Also, PB are advertising this as a "discounted renewal" price, however, up until now, the full price for a season pass (before any offers) was £189.60.
The park are charging more for renewals for next year than they did for brand new, out-of-offer-periods season passes for this year.1725981613091.png1725981618593.png