• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: 2024 Discussion

Noticed the Autumn pass has been put down to £80 from £125. Did think £125 was a bit much as once is enough for for JTH and was £99 last year. At £80 anything more than visiting the park once in the day and once for Journey to hell is a saving. Guessing with the lower prices of seasonal passes next year with far more days in the summer pass and spring pass at £85 they have reduced it to be in line with them and also encourage multiple October/ November visits. On any day the advanced price goes above £35 and the JTH price is £45 you could even save with the pass just doing both once regardless of other discounts. Obviously only good for people without full season passes.

IMG_3252.jpeg

There are staff actively building it higher today. Either for refurb or inspection ready for sale. I’d like to see the inverting gondola but who knows what the plan is
If it is staying and the rumoured part is a piston. Will it not have to go the top and be lowered in place. If so scaffolding would be needed all the way to the top just for this. Plus they will probably do some cosmetic work on it. I would say it’s 99.9% staying and the swinging seats are more than a possibility. Would technically be a new ride with less investment than the gyroswing. Which to be cancelled around the time work started on ice blast

The more people that buy season passes, the higher the scaffolding goes
You rarely see a fundraising thermometer anymore. Perhaps they're turning it into a giant one?

Crowd101_Double-the-Donation_Nonprofit-Basics-_-Fundraising-Thermometer_Feature-200x300.png

If it is staying and the rumoured part is a piston. Will it not have to go the top and be lowered in place. If so scaffolding would be needed all the way to the top just for this. Plus they will probably do some cosmetic work on it. I would say it’s 99.9% staying and the swinging seats are more than a possibility. Would technically be a new ride with less investment than the gyroswing. Which to be cancelled around the time work started on ice blast
Good job Pleasurebeech doesn't need new rides. Bit of that PB magic paint, some fancy seats and it's totally just like a new ride.

It they don't get something genuinely new in the next couple of years then I'm genuinely worried about the future of the park.

I don't think paying a loan off straight away is necessarily cancelling a project.

It might be that the park had the budget to pay it off straight away.

It doesn't normally take a long time to put up a flat ride compared to a coaster and I'd say if construction starts in November, it could open before May Half Term if all goes well.

With the park reducing season pass renewals to 30% cheaper than last year (admittedly for 24 hours), it doesn't really indicate that we are getting anything new next year .

You would have thought that if the park were planning a new attraction and maybe refurbishing and reopening a couple of other rides, they would be making a song and dance about it in order to sell season passes at a higher price.

So while it would be great to see a new thrill ride in a much improved park next year, I am currently very skeptical about it happening.