• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: 2024 Discussion

Went back later after queue gone down, was simply told “No” and a shake of the head on arrival in the station, despite the entrance being open. Fortunately Big Dipper fared better, don’t think I could’ve taken 8 rides in a row on The Big One. Lovely stuff. Even passed up on a walk on Icon. It was going round with 2 people on during the last hour

Weather was pretty bad and park was dead today was told by security only about 100, I did sponge Bob around 1h 30min after park opened and was told I was the 17th guest on the ride in 90min. It was so dead I was only person on grand national (both trains) so had no one to race.

I finished the day lapping Valhalla since I was already soaked anyway, it only opened for the last hour of the day but was running excellently when it did open, all effects working, ring of fire working really well on all 3 goes. Overall inspite of the weather had a great time.

Weather was pretty bad and park was dead today was told by security only about 100, I did sponge Bob around 1h 30min after park opened and was told I was the 17th guest on the ride in 90min. It was so dead I was only person on grand national (both trains) so had no one to race.

I finished the day lapping Valhalla since I was already soaked anyway, it only opened for the last hour of the day but was running excellently when it did open, all effects working, ring of fire working really well on all 3 goes. Overall inspite of the weather had a great time.

I had a fun afternoon yesterday, culminating in 8 rides in a row on Big Dipper. On 3 of them, I was the sole rider. Fair play to the staff for just letting the train go and not waiting an eternity for the train to fill up. Always fun on a dead & miserable day to see coasters going round with 2 people or less on them.

Speaking of which, Dipper is a delight to re-ride. Nash is so slow even when it’s quiet, trains taking ages to come to a stand after the ride, staff sometimes leaving the air gates open for ages to fill trains up, belts to check, ride not dispatching quickly even after all belts & restraints checked.

Is there a reason why Nash has seatbelts in addition to the restraints? They aren’t needed on Dipper or Streak. I guess it’s because the trains are different, but nobody is gonna fly out of a Nash car if those belts weren’t there. If that was even a possibility, surely every other woodie would have a belt too.

Also, is there any purpose whatsoever to the staff having to input the number of riders into a tablet before despatch? Does it really matter if there is one person or 20 people on any given ride? Is it in case of evac or other incident?

By the way I was soaked just walking from the car before I even got in the park. Spent a while lapping the dark rides. Also I have to admit those new-ish jump scares in Ghost Train frighten the crap out of me.

No word on River Caves, and from a reliable source on the park, Ice Blast IS staying but will reopen with a mystery ‘add on’ of some kind.

Ice Blast IS staying but will reopen with a mystery ‘add on’ of some kind.
This may be an unpopular opinion... but if Ice Blast reopens, I really hope it doesn't have those 4D-style spinning seats added to it like I've heard suggested.

Ice Blast is/was not the world's greatest drop tower by any stretch of the imagination (in my view, anyway), but it's fun enough, and to me, those spinning seats, while admittedly unique, look like they would be at best an unnecessary addition and at worst absolutely vile.