• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: 2024 Discussion

To borrow a topic of discussion from another thread, Tagadas are a rare example of a ride where the UK HSE specifically required them to be modified to be less fun safer

Taken from a letter from the HSE to inspection bodies, found on the ADIPS website

1728214249940.png

Basically, a Tagada should not get a DOC unless it has either had suitable restraints fitted or has been physically slowed down/modified to ensure it cannot produce ejection forces.

Full document available on: https://adips.co.uk/safety-information/ (search for Tagada under NAFLIC technical bulletins)

They make them pointless.

A Tagada with restraints isn’t much of a Tagada. There’s not really much point having a Tagada in the UK anymore then…

As always with HSE stuff, they don't really dictate what you must do, they advise what's not acceptable. The ways around that are up to the opperator. The obvious one with a tagada is a higher rung of bars around the ride; not restrained, not slowed, ejection risk mitigated.

I'd still love Thorpe to get one as a life raft to escape the invading Swarm as a support ride to the coaster. Never gonna happen though.

Were the beach the last proper UK park with an operating tagada? I can't think of another more recent one.

As always with HSE stuff, they don't really dictate what you must do, they advise what's not acceptable. The ways around that are up to the opperator. The obvious one with a tagada is a higher rung of bars around the ride; not restrained, not slowed, ejection risk mitigated.

I'd still love Thorpe to get one as a life raft to escape the invading Swarm as a support ride to the coaster. Never gonna happen though.

Were the beach the last proper UK park with an operating tagada? I can't think of another more recent one.
Babylon Park in London has opened a modern SBF Tagada. I believe it's a smaller model than the classic models.