• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Just followed Ricks link to Twitter.
Glad I don't do social media with some of the cobblers on there.
The park ain't a charity set up for us lot, they could have been a bit more open about it closing, but in the actual situation that happened, I don't think they would ever get cover for a final season, but I'm certain that it wasn't a decision that was made on a whim.
Would sooner have no mouse than a bankrupt park, and things have been tricky for them in the past.

...and to think I had just got over the reel.

Emotions always run high in the enthusiast community, that's nothing new. I understand the anger, to a degree.

The Thompson family are the people that have to make the park work financially, safely and ultimately have the responsibility for its continued prosperity. It's easy to commentate but fuzzy feelings does not a business make.

...and to think I had just got over the reel.
I sense an element of tongue in cheek in your comment - but its an important point. Stuff like this has been happening throughout thr park's history. The Reel was of a similar age, had similar problems and itself was part of the park's history.

It's no coincidence that rides like The Mouse have been steadily disappearing over the years. Aussie World's went not too long ago.

I think the biggest issue is the way its been done, with no announcement or seeming care. It feels underhand and disrespectful to the fans.

Even if for the back end of the 2017 season (where I think it was SBNO) they'd put a sign up saying it was closing and a bit of history would have been a small, but nice touch.

I think its the first coaster in the UK that I really liked thats been removed, its a bit hurty in the feels today.

Is that official or a guess?

I think the way the park have gone about the removal is the most annoying and saddest part.

Yes it had complaints from the public and you can understand the park being concerned with the ride but they could have done things to help cover themselves.

Clear information on the ride entrance warning riders of the ride experience or even adding an age restriction would have helped I am sure.

The very least they should have done was to be honest and tell people that the ride was going to close and offer the chance for the public to get a final ride.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I agree with you but sadly it seems that they simply could NOT get insurance for it. So in this instance, unlike with Log Flume, where they made it clear that it was its last season, I don't think 'last rides' was going to be an option, sadly. Unless they would somehow insure it for a short period just so ride nerds could get one last go, and before we rode each fill in and sign a disclaimer that we wouldn't try and sue them or go running to the accident book.

I do think some honesty would have been appreciated though. The 2017 season was so sporadic for the Mouse, it was closed more times than it was open on my visits. But each time it was shut we were told it was 'Closed for maintenance'. I get the stuff about the park evolving, I really do, but they mention 'limited space' in their statement, and surely not much can go in the void left by Wild Mouse anyway. I suppose factoring in Trauma Towers removal that's a bit more room. I hope that one day a stunningly exciting ride appears in this space but I won't hold my breath. Could end up being a food stall or games area.

In terms of last rides, I am just glad I hammered Wild Mouse last April with my brother when it was walk-on. We rode it repeatedly and loved it. I rode it a few times after that when it was open, but that afternoon was special and I will take the memories to my grave. I also went over for a couple of hours on my son's birthday in October after hearing the rumours it was going to close (yes, Rob was right), to take some photos and say my goodbyes, and I got back in time to bake a cake and do the school run !

The problem with disclaimers dippy is that they don't stand up in court...there is still an absolute duty of care by the park owners..I'm going to shoot you in the face, but sign this first so I won't get done...it doesn't work like that,I wish it did.

And Rick, my tongue is pretty much always in my cheek, but I still miss the reel so much, the only way to get a nice young lady to sit on my face in my youth, and all for 10 p.

It is poor the ride shut without any sort of fanfare.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rob
How many operating wooden wild mouse coasters are left now? Missed out on it last season because it was SBNO, was it ever open last year?
Three in the traditional sense of the word (ie not Pretzel rides). Two in Indonesia and the one at Luna Park in Sydney.

Not if I base jump from the tower and paraglide in to the park.
..... But then I'd have to give money to Merlin.

No other option then. I officially give up on this hobby. See y'all.

It was open for our summer meet. I'm so glad I decided to queue for it last thing, rather than bag a spot to watch the fireworks. Reaching the top deck of the ride just as the sky filled with pyro is how I will always remember it. :cry:

Welcome back Diogo, you had me worried there, for about an hour!

Welcome back Diogo, you had me worried there, for about an hour!
Nope, the way I feel right now hasn't changed. ;)

@Sam, when you were having your dealings with the morons who claimed the Mouse wasn't worth listing last year... do you think they might have known? I think we may have a case for some serious complaints about them now.

I agree with you but sadly it seems that they simply could NOT get insurance for it.

Sorry I am not buying that.

They installed automatic braking for the 2017 season and also added extra seatbelts during the season. This should have made the ride more insurable, not less.

Also, are we to believe that the insurance needed renewing half way through a season?

The mouse isn't even close to being the roughest coaster in the park.

Good luck with re-insuring the nash if they can't insure the mouse. That is much rougher and far more likely to give someone a serious injury.

Sorry I am not buying that.

They installed automatic braking for the 2017 season and also added extra seatbelts during the season. This should have made the ride more insurable, not less.

Also, are we to believe that the insurance needed renewing half way through a season?

The mouse isn't even close to being the roughest coaster in the park.

Good luck with re-insuring the nash if they can't insure the mouse. That is much rougher and far more likely to give someone a serious injury.

Yes it is, but it is also listed so cannot be touched! New trains?

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.